• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Sent to me by the good folks at Lamborghini... Official product information brochure.

the comparison table makes the 430 look a bit pedestrian.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Ooooh, I was starting to think the book in the last photo didn't exist - been in contact with the editor who got some of my photos to use and I was promised a signed (by Balboni) copy. Been delayed so long I thought I had been conned. Seems its legit afterall!  :thumbsup:

Back to the car, I love the concept! Can't wait to see some driving impressions.

Offline 98octane

So, it's less powerful, slower and more difficult to drive?  Why would you want to lose the "confidence" that 4WD gives you?

It seems the main reason for buying one is that it's "more emotional and gratifying from the point of view of pleasure and fun of driving".  But don't forget that only "skilled drivers can fully exploit the car's potential".  Surely that's code for "it's brutal and will punish you if you push it too hard" and "you'll be very emotional and thanking your lucky stars if you don't end up wrapped around a pole".  I'm guessing this is best kept as a track weapon.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

So, it's less powerful, slower and more difficult to drive?  Why would you want to lose the "confidence" that 4WD gives you?

It seems the main reason for buying one is that it's "more emotional and gratifying from the point of view of pleasure and fun of driving".  But don't forget that only "skilled drivers can fully exploit the car's potential".  Surely that's code for "it's brutal and will punish you if you push it too hard" and "you'll be very emotional and thanking your lucky stars if you don't end up wrapped around a pole".  I'm guessing this is best kept as a track weapon.

I haven't driven the LP560-4 but the old Gallardos were/are very stable but feel a bit dead through the steering due to the front drive.  I reckon the rear wheel drive will make it feel more like an F430 with a lighter feeling in the front end and more delicacy in the steering.  Not just a track special in other words.

The thing that doesn't make sense is the 0.2 sec slower claimed acceleration to 100km/h.  10 horsepower out of 550 will be almost indiscernable and certainly won't account for a difference that big.  Perhaps they are comparing a manual 550 with an e-gear 560 - e-gear is almost certainly faster.  I'm guessing an e-gear 550 will be quicker than an e-gear 560.