Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I wish people wouldn't post as absolute fact, unless they're sure.

Try some " I thinks", or "i heard" or some other disclaimer that shows doubt.

So many experts, so few facts.

Offline roc

Ive just confirmed independently with Lambo Head office. All checks out. VIN numbers & service history all match up. Dec 05 MY06. No Lift Kit but Egear (with thrust mode???) with Calisto's with correct colour calipers, special paint matching interior trim, Rear camera Sat Nav with Black lid ordered.  Doing some more checks.....Thanks again guys much appreciated with your comments.

Ferrrari Advocates - Please send me your contact details, maybe yours is better??

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
You definitely want the lifter if at all possible. The G is a pain in the ass without it.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

You definitely want the lifter if at all possible. The G is a pain in the ass without it.

As far as I know, none of the Australian delivered SEs had the lifter.  I managed OK without it - I might have touched the spoiler once or twice in nearly 30,000km which you could only see on a hoist.. The 560/570 is lower though. I'd always choose it on a new car if the option is offered.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

As far as I know, none of the Australian delivered SEs had the lifter.  I managed OK without it - I might have touched the spoiler once or twice in nearly 30,000km which you could only see on a hoist.. The 560/570 is lower though. I'd always choose it on a new car if the option is offered.
Had the 570 lowered and I still have around 130mm clearance under the front bar.

No issues and hardly use the lift kit.

Offline MC

• nee SydneySpotter

• Name: Marcus
Had the 570 lowered and I still have around 130mm clearance under the front bar.

No issues and hardly use the lift kit.
I find that to get over most speed humps in the series 2 Gallardo the lift kit is needed but in the series 3 (550/560/570) the lift kit is hardly ever needed, only for steep driveways. I think that the front of the series 2 G is lower. 

Offline jamesatfish

I find that to get over most speed humps in the series 2 Gallardo the lift kit is needed but in the series 3 (550/560/570) the lift kit is hardly ever needed, only for steep driveways. I think that the front of the series 2 G is lower.

Certainly there is more front clearance on my 05 Gallardo now that it's got an LP570 front bumper compared to the standard bumper.  That said, mine has the lifter and I need it to get out of my (underground) garage and for steeper driveways, but speed bumps (both the short rubber kind and the larger raised concrete platforms) can be carefully negotiated without the lifter.

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
Hmm, maybe it is my bad driving, but I did plenty of damage to the front spoiler of my 06 at spoon drains, drive ways (including my own everyday), and in car parks - usually on the way down. I have done much less on the 560, but still did manage a couple of scrapes going over dips at higher speeds. It is probably an Asian thing.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot