Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
After going through 3 generation Gallardo myself.... I believe that I can speak out loud here..

the 2005 cars are lowered in its standard form (no lift kit) compare to my 2008 Superleggera (which has a lift kit), however in these two generations, the suspensions are adjustable, so you can adjust all of them higher or lower...

With the 2010 LP570-4, the stock suspension isn't adjustable (but with a lift kit) and it is the highest of them all, as I hardly use the lift kit... So Rog is right, he can lower it and the clearance is still quite good...

The lowest of them all is the SV in the stock form, it wins hands down...

Offline roc

Still doing my reseach, a big decision for me, what are peoples opinions on the SE, in terms of collector status being a limited car to 250 units and its resale. Does anyone know of any local SE's for sale. What do people think they are worth atm?

Another option for me was a clean lower km 05 or 06 White EGear. Anyone know of any White ones around for sale in Aust, rather than doing the import thing?

Your experienced comments appreciated, Ive come from Porsche Land and Lambo is a new world to me. Thanks for your patience.

Offline dkabab

SL is a lot rarer funnily enough. Only 172 produced

Offline T0M722

They'd be a lot better known though, I would think.
:)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Still doing my reseach, a big decision for me, what are peoples opinions on the SE, in terms of collector status being a limited car to 250 units and its resale. Does anyone know of any local SE's for sale. What do people think they are worth atm?

Another option for me was a clean lower km 05 or 06 White EGear. Anyone know of any White ones around for sale in Aust, rather than doing the import thing?

Your experienced comments appreciated, Ive come from Porsche Land and Lambo is a new world to me. Thanks for your patience.

I think about half a dozen SE's came to Australia.  I doubt they would attract much of a premium as a collector's car but it would be hard to find an 06 with as much spec.  I'd be more concerned about how well the car had been looked after.  One owner cars are very rare amongst the early ones.

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy

Dave, that's only in the US, 172 units.... In total, they did about 650 so, I have an exact number, but too lazy to dig it out now :)

They might have less than 250 SE in the world if they didn't sell that many as originally planned. For example, the LP670-4 SV, they were going to make 350 in total (individually numbered, buyers could pick any number between 001/350 to 350/350), but at the end, they only sold 186 SVs and no more, so only 186 in the world, not 350.

Mark is right, SE or not, it isn't going to attract more premium over the standard car, there are so many gallardo variances and they at still making more, so a SE isn't all that special IMO... If you like the colour scheme, you could just wrap the top half of the car... All the best!

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
  I'd be more concerned about how well the car had been looked after. 

+1

this is much more important than anything else.

such as my Porsche turbo, the guy i got it from had a bottomless chequebook for maintenance, 1 small problem he'd replace everything connected to it.   thats the sort of car you want.  not  the car that gets leased by someone who cant afford to take care of it.