Offline TTz

• Mr White

Rog,

During our little drive on sunday I was not happy with the brake feel... and the tyres are a bit so so.... Just didnt give me much confidence around some of the twisties...
But it hung in there and I guess I was carrying a fair bit more speed into the corners (aside from Neon - No Fear....).  It took a few hard corners to get the front end to bite.

I looked at the tyers yesterday and it looks like i spent the day at the track and didnt feel I was pushing it hard at all...

Any recomendations on a Pad change ?
Tyer wise is it worth putting R compounds on ?

Maybe its driver error ?

Even in the last couple of drive things , Mount Cotton and Eastern Creek V8 drivers thing... It took me ages to get confidence in the equipment before I was happy to push it....
And after 6 or so laps I've fried the tyres and brakes.... and still didnt feel quick..

Guess I'm not that smooth.....

[url=http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/mr-White-

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I wouldn't be surprised.  Most of the stuff is cosmetic (the exhaust is probably giving the extra horsepower) but it won't be cheap.

If it is say $950K + on road, it's hard to imagine much change out of $500K changeover.  I'm not sure I love it that much more, especially as the new model won't be far behind it and will be quicker and better all round. 

Tough market to be selling into though and the factory and the importer will be trying as hard as possible.

I guess more info and pics will come when Geneva opens in a couple of days.
i wouldn't expect the next model until 2011 or later

Offline TTz

• Mr White

If we want more power we can buy the Twin Turbo bolt on kit....

Makes 800 plus HP.... and is just a Low 6-7 psi bolt on kit...
But then try to sell the car.....?

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Rog,

During our little drive on sunday I was not happy with the brake feel... and the tyres are a bit so so.... Just didnt give me much confidence around some of the twisties...
But it hung in there and I guess I was carrying a fair bit more speed into the corners (aside from Neon - No Fear....).  It took a few hard corners to get the front end to bite.

I looked at the tyers yesterday and it looks like i spent the day at the track and didnt feel I was pushing it hard at all...

Any recomendations on a Pad change ?
Tyer wise is it worth putting R compounds on ?

Maybe its driver error ?

Even in the last couple of drive things , Mount Cotton and Eastern Creek V8 drivers thing... It took me ages to get confidence in the equipment before I was happy to push it....
And after 6 or so laps I've fried the tyres and brakes.... and still didnt feel quick..

Guess I'm not that smooth.....

tony, i wouldn't dare push my LP on the road or the track, the feel through the wheel is like a tractor (no pun intended) car is too heavy to throw around. i have carbon brakes, and they are way better than the stock ones on my old murcie. for the twisty stuff, a GT2 or GT3 is king

Offline TTz

• Mr White

Yep... I like the GT3 , feels so much more put together... And it just is so tuff....

The GT2.... Great car but $500k plus.... not that great.

Offline TTz

• Mr White

tony, i wouldn't dare push my LP on the road or the track, the feel through the wheel is like a tractor (no pun intended) car is too heavy to throw around. i have carbon brakes, and they are way better than the stock ones on my old murcie. for the twisty stuff, a GT2 or GT3 is king

While the LP640 is better than the 6.2ltr Murcie... but, it is still a big pig to drive hard.
The M5 feel nicer to be honest....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Tony, I can't comment on the track but I've just put Corsas on my LP and it is much better on the road.  It feels better and hangs on better.

Although the M5 might be better on the track, I reckon the LP beats the BMW in fast open road running (at say old NT speeds).  The chassis is much more composed on bumps that have the M5's rear suspension going pogo.

I've got standard brakes on my LP - they are the same size as the Gallardo but way better for some reason with perfect pedal feel and great stopping power.  Better than my Carrera too.  Again, comments relate to road use only.

Offline TTz

• Mr White

Mark,  are you chewing up the tyres ? Brakes are OK but still not super car brakes

Maybe its time to bleed the brakes (again...),

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Mark,  are you chewing up the tyres ? Brakes are OK but still not super car brakes

Maybe its time to bleed the brakes (again...),

I changed the tyres at about 15,000km.  That is much more mileage than I got from my Gallardos which were changed after 10-12,000km.  I suspect the first 7.000km in the hands of the first owner were fairly gentle - that helps.  I've done no track work either.

Are your brakes carbon or regular steel?  Mine are the best on any car I've owned - for road use at least.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Are your brakes carbon or regular steel?  Mine are the best on any car I've owned - for road use at least.

Dunno - can you tell from here...?