Offline AdminAG

• All the news that fits to pixels

• Drives: Traffic
Playboy racers and their supercars 'putting lives at risk'

by Peter Dominiczak

Playboys in supercars have turned the roads around Harrods into a race-track, it was claimed today.

Residents in Knightsbridge say Bugattis, Ferraris and Lamborghinis are roaring around the neighbourhood until the early hours, revving their engines and racing.

The Qatari royal family bought Harrods from Fulham FC owner Mohamed Fayed for £1.5 billion in April. One resident, who did not want to be named, said: “It all got noticeably worse when the Qataris took over Harrods. The supercars started being around Knightsbridge all the time.”

Police arrested two Arab men in August after a supercar spun out of control and crashed into four parked vehicles in Lowndes Square.

Last Thursday a sports car thought to be a Lamborghini was involved in a crash with a white BMW at Hyde Park Corner shortly before midnight. A witness said: “The BMW smashed into the central reservation, bounced off and then hit the Lamborghini. Both cars were definitely travelling very fast.” There were no injuries.

The supercar was similar to a Lamborghini Murcielago that was clamped outside Harrods along with a £1.2 million Koenigsegg CCXR in July.

Solicitor Bruce Beringer, who lives in Sloane Street, said that the number of supercars in the area declined after the summer, but added: “In the last two or three weeks we have been seeing more again. It's largely seasonal in that super-rich Arabs from the Gulf bring their cars over here for the summer. We thought it was going to quieten down but it's picking up again. It's like a second season.

“We are kept up until 4am because of the noise of these people revving their engines and racing down the street. These Bugattis and Ferraris make a huge amount of noise.”

Mr Beringer, 62, has launched a campaign to get rid of the supercars. “We have a petition with hundreds of signatures from people who all feel it has to stop. It's never-ending and we will see more accidents.”

A Lowndes Square resident, who asked not to be named, said: “These cars travel at more than 200mph and are speeding through narrow, residential streets. There have already been a number of accidents. Is it going to take a death to make them stop?”

A police spokesman said there were no arrests after the crash involving the Lamborghini and the BMW.

The Qatari royals control assets estimated at more than £38.3 billion.

Source: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23896203-playboy-racers-and-their-supercars-putting-lives-at-risk-around-harrods.do

Hello :)

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib

430guy

The problem isn't the supercars, the problem is the drivers. Why don't the police do something? I'm sure the polliticians, business men, royals and other rich and powerful people living around Sloane Street have friends in decision making segments and could get a task force to confiscate street racers and speeders cars.

I'll swap to live on Sloane Street or anywhere in Knightsbridge... bloody winging pomms :P

*looks @ Ferrari Fixer *  :D

Offline Mr Enzo

Hopefully next time they crash and lose limbs residents will be able to sleep peacefully again.  :D
Batti il ferro quando è caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
i swear if they do anything to stop the cars going fast im gonna fucken shoot someone. they should just tell them not to make noise at night time just during the day, which is mostly when this happens. and the other lambo crash mentioned was involving the purple 670
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline dkabab

i swear if they do anything to stop the cars going fast im gonna fucken shoot someone.

theres some fire in this ones belly....  :rolleyes:

Offline app

i swear if they do anything to stop the cars going fast im gonna fucken shoot someone. they should just tell them not to make noise at night time just during the day, which is mostly when this happens. and the other lambo crash mentioned was involving the purple 670

The problem is those that drive like maniacs and crash tend to be the ones who have way too much money...

Offline fivesix

i swear if they do anything to stop the cars going fast im gonna fucken shoot someone.
your kidding?!

Offline Mr Enzo

It's a public st, not hanger straight at silverstone.
Batti il ferro quando è caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline safcths mito

• Drives: alot
  • Name: Wierdo