Offline rasydney

Here is a good article about how Lamborghini is ripping off its customers in Australia for the AVENTADOR:

It is headed:Supercars at super prices
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/supercars-at-super-prices-20110603-1fkfp.html

Also a similar one : Australia penalised over top car costs

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/australia-penalised-over-top-car-costs-20110603-1fl3s.html

Could all GENUINE prospective buyers (especially those who may have paid deposits to dealers) contact me on rayhazouri@gmail.com and I'll organise a lobby group to drop the price. Lambo Italy is reviewing the price supposedly - so let's make sure they do it fairly.
Yes, I am the guy that Toby Hagon has quoted in the article and will be happy to assist prospective buyers not get ripped off! -IT IS TIME WE CUSTOMERS MADE Lamborghini listen!

The problem is that Lamborghini doubles its purchase price for Australia. Not taxes! The price starts at $750K and for a fully optioned Aventador could be as high as $860K plus stamp duty which makes it over $900K compared to $370K -$400K in Europe and USA. They are making double the profit here with our high Aussie dollar!

Lamborghini abuses our import system to have a monopoly to import new cars to Australia, under the 'high volume' import permit (which is being rorted). That way they prohibit individuals from importing Lambo cars. We need parallel importing. I am lobbying the Transport Minister Anthony Albanese for that and so should you. It is not a free market. It is a monopoly. Till then, we should lobby Lambo Italy. Originally, our laws were designed to protect the Fords and Holdens locally produced -not for Lamborghinis to rip us off!

So Lamborghini rips off Australian dealers by doubling the dealer purchase price and dealers rip us off in turn. They have no customer loyalty whatsover. Lambo is flagrant and arrogant about this rip off that was exposed in this article. Why? because we let them get away with it. Our import system (which has a loop hole) is being abused by Lamborghini to profiteer. It has nothing to do with our taxes and all to do with Lamborghini being greedy and treatinmg Aussie customers as idiots! There is a way around it.

That Baldi from Lambo Italy has admitted to ripping us off and is trying to pretend he is being fair! What a joke! I am not buying at that price! Nor should you!

So to all Aventador prospective buyers: stop buying the car till the price is dropped!

You should tell Winkelmann (Lambo Italy CEO) that you will not proceed and will take your deposits back unless Winkelmann drops the price to a fair price equal to Europe's .

As for the b.s. about the car being sold out for 2 years, nice try with this old marketing ploy! It is not true! I was offered the car for October 2011 delivery but refused because of the unfair price. Other brands are tempting if Lambo continues this rip off! Or we will just have to find better ways to import direct from the UK and save the extra $400K.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline dkabab

Yep, those 7 cars that they sell here will really make a difference to lambo.
Of course I agree in stopping being ripped off. But while they can make the huge margin, it's not going to stop

Offline rasydney

I agree Lambo will continue the rip off while they can pending change to our import system to allow parallel imports. Get on your federal MP and the Transport Minsiter Anthony Albanese for that!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Ferrari are the same.

They say there is a waiting list for 458's, well ordered to your spec it might be but there's 10 458's on Carsales already. Highest KM's is 2100 and 6 of them are 700km's or less.. right now, why would you buy new? Its a buyers market if you have cash and its a lot of fun driving down a Ferrari dealer on price.  :thumbsup:

Seriously, if you dont want to get ripped off on an Aventador I know where you can get a brand new RHD Callaway Corvette 0-100 in 3.3 seconds for only $300k ;)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
If enough people are willing to pay the price, then it's not a rip off.

Nobody is forcing you to buy one.

And if you DO buy one, you can be thankful that Lambo is propping up secnd hand prices.

If the price is reduced for the Aventador, EVERY Murcielago owner will lose out, and some of them own night clubs and stuff.  :scared:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Hilarious thread.  :doh:  :D

The Avvie is well priced - and they will sell. It is a luxury good, not a staple. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of marketing knows that the cost of the car doesn't determine the price - demand does. If you don't like the price, wait for a used one or buy something else. If you can't afford it, don't feel bad and don't get angry - get over it. If I was the importer and I knew I could only get a limited number, I'd be out for the highest price I could - just like everyone in business does.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hilarious thread.  :doh:  :D

The Avvie is well priced - and they will sell. It is a luxury good, not a staple. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of marketing knows that the cost of the car doesn't determine the price - demand does. If you don't like the price, wait for a used one or buy something else. If you can't afford it, don't feel bad and don't get angry - get over it. If I was the importer and I knew I could only get a limited number, I'd be out for the highest price I could - just like everyone in business does.

Thinking about one at all?????

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

why would you buy new? Its a buyers market if you have cash and its a lot of fun driving down a Ferrari dealer on price.  :thumbsup:

At $500K+, you want to choose your car to make it just so. If you are buying a low mileage car, it will be with someone else's choice of options so it would want to be a good deal cheaper.