Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thinking about one at all?????

No, I'm happy with what I've got. I can't wait to see one though. And I never say never! :)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I'm 100% sure Lamborghini CEO in Italy doesn't care what a population of only 20million people (with a very low % owners rate) think.

It is all done by Lamborghini Australia, as far as I know it is owned by a private company of which Lamborghini Italy has no control over. Yes we are being stung by the new car dealers, but all the dealers do the same no matter what brand it is.

A business is there to make profits, it is shit how they rip us off but if you had a monopoly in a protected market wouldn't you maximise profits as well?

Live overseas and buy it there if you want it so bad but don't want to pay the price... I'm keeping an eye out for a used Aventadore RHD in the next couple months. Might as well enjoy myself while living overseas and might end up bringing it back depending where the market is at when I come back.

I'm still spewing that a RHD F50 has sold in the UK before I had a chance to look at it :(

Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline rasydney

If you buy in the UK you will do well to import it after one year and sell it here for a profit as you know! This will surely piss the dealers off! And why not?!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
At $500K+, you want to choose your car to make it just so. If you are buying a low mileage car, it will be with someone else's choice of options so it would want to be a good deal cheaper.
I understand that you spend your money and want exactly what you want and I appreciate that.
Most of these cars will be maxed out on options. I'd be happy to look at the options and deal on a virtually new car with great savings. There will be a lot of people that will buy like you and a lot that will buy like me.
I bought my BMW off the showroom floor. I was happy with the options on a car they had in stock and didnt need to order and wait for the perfect car so I was able to get a better deal because of this.

Im very open to how other people think. When I was in sales I used to love dealing with people that HAD to get discount before they would buy. If they got $10 off a $1000 sale they were happy to buy, just because they needed to get a discount. In the end they were easier to sell to because if they got a discount their brain made them buy, they couldnt resist a discount. Once you gave them a discount they were hooked.  Everyone is different.

So youre correct and it doesnt even have to be on a car that is $500k or more, it could be a $20k Hyundai.
I said, "why would you not buy that virtually new car for a massive saving?" I was thinking from how I think and you would say, "because you want it your way." Because of how you think. It doesnt have to be about price but wanting to order your personal car. Fair call.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
hmm may have misinterpreted that comment on buying in the UK.... hits the red button  :mischief:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
If you buy in the UK you will do well to import it after one year and sell it here for a profit as you know! This will surely piss the dealers off! And why not?!

You've got some learning to do.

It won't be happening the way you think, and want.

And the more the noisy "can't afford it"s rant and rave, the more the "don't care what it costs" will clog up the order book.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

also, you've just given them EXACTLY what they want to stop your import...

by posting that you want to profit from it, all Lambo have to do is request any PI applications get rejected on grounds of business protection, and the very reason the law was written, is re-enforced.

Offline Chemical Man

In Aussie land we do get ripped off on car prices eg. how cheap the uk get hsv's 
But the advantage is we get to live here(free hospitals, can be a dole bludger if you want etc) also compared to how much the Mucialargo went for back in the day the Aventador seems like a bargain. Even if they drop the price by 100k I doubt that will get them any new customers if they increase the price by 100k they will still sell the same amount. The good news is they will probably depreciate quickly   :mischief:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

In Aussie land we do get ripped off on car prices eg. how cheap the uk get hsv's 

That's not an argument you can use, they had to do that to get rid of them!!!!!    :p

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Should be able to grab a new fully loaded ave for 15% off retail price I reckon