Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

We were beginning to wonder if our exclusive on the Lamborghini Reventon Roadster back in March was going to fall apart. We’d heard that Lamborghini were struggling to find enough punters to stick a deposit on the 9 cars originally planned, and that was accounting for the delay. But it looks like Lamborghini has given up on that plan, and are instead going to unofficially reveal the Reventon Roadster today to a bunch of likely clients.

There now seems to be a bit of confusion over exactly which powerplant the Reventon Roadster will use. Lamborghini’s original plan was to make a Roadster version of the Lamborghini LP670-4SV, but they’ve been having problems with all that power in a Roadster. So it now seems possible that they will effectively Reventon-ise the Lamborghini LP650-4 Roadster, which is already rolling down the production line at Lamborghini. That will still give the Reventon Roadster more power than its Coupe sibling, but not quite the LP670’s power.

Word is that Lamborghini will make as many Reventon Roadsters as demand dictates – up to a maximum of twenty. List price is expected to be €1.1 Million. but with only six or seven deposits taken so far it seems a bit unlikely they will manage to shift 20 Roadsters – as they did Coupes. Especially when the LP670 SV is only £275k and the LP650-4 Roadster £300k. Still, the LP650-4 is a bit of an ugly duckling in its grey and orange livery, so maybe someone will be prepared to pay three times as much to have a Reventon Roadster in a better colour scheme.

Can’t imagine there’ll be that many, though.

Read more: http://www.carsuk.net/lamborghini-reventon-roadster-unofficially-official-today/#ixzz0MgymEOkT

Offline fivesix

Offline cel

Offline dutchie34

Nice... :thumbsup:

HooWee...thou   congruent angles galore!  :tilt:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
personally that has got to be one of the greatest looking cars ever  :lovies: :fap:  :faint:
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
personally that has got to be one of the greatest looking cars ever  :lovies: :fap:  :faint:

Am I the only one left willing to say I think Lamorghini made a pretty ghastly bodykit and charged triple for it?

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Am I the only one left willing to say I think Lamorghini made a pretty ghastly bodykit and charged triple for it?

Nope.

+1

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
I used to think the same, but after seeing a Reventon in real life I changed my mind. It works. Nice to see something a little daring and different and to me Lambo have pulled it off.

Still doesn't justify the price tag though!  :eek: