Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I used to think the same, but after seeing a Reventon in real life I changed my mind. It works. Nice to see something a little daring and different and to me Lambo have pulled it off.

Still doesn't justify the price tag though!  :eek:

Ok fair enough - but yeah I still reckon they should have made it an absolute mental car by strapping on a couple hairdryers and making it like 1200hp or something - that would much more *appear* to justify the price for the exclusivity.

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Am I the only one left willing to say I think Lamorghini made a pretty ghastly bodykit and charged triple for it?

nope.......+2
Always Gunna

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Am I the only one left willing to say I think Lamorghini made a pretty ghastly bodykit and charged triple for it?

However, if they had got Lamborghini to do it instead of that silly Lamorghini rip off mob, it may have been better! :eek:
Always Gunna

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline Nuvolari

Though it's hugely expensive (yet slower than a Murcie SV), the fact that its design is completely outrageous and thus truly Lamborghini is enough to win people over, definitely including me.

Someone really, really cashed-up on this forum should go buy one and bring it to Melbourne. :D

Offline Joel

i was actually lucky enough to be at the factory when the very 1st production model was in final assembly.. these things are so different when u see them in real life.. ( the coupe was parked out the front) (roadster was in the assembly line)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

While not quite a night-follows-day proposition that 2007’s Reventón coupe would spawn a Roadster, its appearance at this year’s Frankfurt show was no surprise and strengthens the impression that, looking down from the supercar stratosphere, stormy economic waters are out of sight and out of mind.

The roofless Reventón is described by Lamborghini boss Stephan Winkelmann as ‘the most extreme Lamborghini in the brand’s history’ but, truth is, there’s only so far you can go with a car based on the ageing and soon-to-be-replaced Murciélago, and while it gets the most potent engine in Lamborghini’s arsenal – the 661bhp 6.5-litre V12 from the LP670-4 SV – its core superpowers look a little under the weather compared with the 1000bhp of the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport and the 529bhp/ton of the considerably lighter Pagani Zonda F Roadster, both circa £1m, both open-top hypercars, both incredibly exclusive.

But nowhere close to being as exclusive as the Reventón Roadster. Only 15 will be built, which makes it not just 15 times rarer than the Bugatti but also 25 per cent scarcer than the original 20-off Reventón coupe, which sold out almost immediately. No wonder Lamborghini didn’t flinch in giving it a price tag nudging £1million (in fact 1.1m euros, plus taxes). 

Of course, such close proximity to uniqueness commands its own premium but the fundamental draw of the Reventón is its into-the-red wow factor. Essentially it’s a Murciélago reimagined as an F-22 Raptor fighter jet with lots of cool aerospace/sci-fi touches on the inside. Which you can now see from the outside. Who wouldn’t want one of those?

Especially when you begin to wonder what the SV’s wild V12 – savage enough when savoured from within the confines of the Murciélago’s cabin – might sound like with only a 205mph slimstream to muffle the blood-chilling howl. The Roadster gets the SV engine, and its extra 20bhp, to compensate for the amazingly modest 25kg increase in weight over the Reventón coupe. So there’s no shortfall in performance – 0-60mph is nailed in 3.4sec – just a more exciting soundtrack.

More: http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/242791/lamborghini_reventon_roadster.html

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy

did you take that pic here in Melbourne? I heard something about a reventon spyder was coming and calling Melbourne home.

richie