Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
So, during the Ferrari show at Birrarung Marr today, I managed to sneak away for an hour or so to visit the national Lambo gathering at Melbourne Docklands....

Not a bad turnout, about 50 cars, maybe 60?

best for me was the NSW registered Miura S... Silver with Tan interior....

delicious!

I had a nice chat with the owner and a good look over the car. It's got a few glaringly non correct details, like chromed air boxes and bits etc, but overall it's a superb "driver" car in "just right" condition.

Some great cars there... blue Countach 5000S was a standout. The pearl white Countach QV also.....

and, curiously, the green metallic, brown metallic and dark red Espadas all parked next to each other were mesmerising!

No pics, but I think Carl took a few.

Offline 98octane

Offline cel

Such a tease! Looking forward to the pics  :tilt:

Offline app

the gallardo looks so good in the spider form

Offline uzz32soarer

• Moustache Champion
  • How the moustache was invented.....go the growl!

• Drives: 1988 Testarossa, 1974 DeTomaso Pantera, 1956 T-Bird convertible.
  • Name: Rob Hayden
One thing worthy of note is the way the Lambo guys arranged that white plastic chain to keep the stupid pricks from handling the cars.

A great idea if you are going to hold events like this in high profile public places.

• Soap Dodger

nah bollox

nobody took any notice of the plastic chain, in fact, it was so badly configured that it trapped you in AMONG the cars if you approached from one of 3 angles. Unless you're gunna put full fences up, you're pissing into the wind.

Did any Ferrari's get damaged at the concour?

Let people in and up close. It makes you feel good. The kids LOVED it, and they'll have lasting memories that could even inspire them to be owners one day.

I reckon it was a great venue. No dust that mattered, easy and LOADS of parking and very easy access. Only down side was only 1 toilet I think!

I heard a few whinging aussies whinging about dust... FFS, get over yourself... it's a concour event..... ORIGINALITY and CONDITION are of paramount importance. CLEANLINESS is VERY LOW PRIORITY. Of course, basic cleanliness must be reasonably good, but a little surface dust that you can blow or wipe away with one finger shouldn't even be mentioned, let alone be found to matter.

I know at least one judge that looked straight through it  :cool: ... doesn't matter a flying fuck.

It sickens me that shiny perfectly clean cars beat more original cars with better detail and originality.

Originality means... as it left the factory.... now... who here bought a Ferrari new in 1970's or before... they were SHIT! So mirror finish paint jobs and squeaky clean but INCORRECT trim is ZERO POINTS, or should be.

If you want juke box shiny bling, go to autosalon and look at doof doof ricer cars.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
nah bollox

nobody took any notice of the plastic chain, in fact, it was so badly configured that it trapped you in AMONG the cars if you approached from one of 3 angles. Unless you're gunna put full fences up, you're pissing into the wind.

Did any Ferrari's get damaged at the concour?

Let people in and up close. It makes you feel good. The kids LOVED it, and they'll have lasting memories that could even inspire them to be owners one day.

I reckon it was a great venue. No dust that mattered, easy and LOADS of parking and very easy access. Only down side was only 1 toilet I think!

I heard a few whinging aussies whinging about dust... FFS, get over yourself... it's a concour event..... ORIGINALITY and CONDITION are of paramount importance. CLEANLINESS is VERY LOW PRIORITY. Of course, basic cleanliness must be reasonably good, but a little surface dust that you can blow or wipe away with one finger shouldn't even be mentioned, let alone be found to matter.

I know at least one judge that looked straight through it  :cool: ... doesn't matter a flying fuck.

It sickens me that shiny perfectly clean cars beat more original cars with better detail and originality.

Originality means... as it left the factory.... now... who here bought a Ferrari new in 1970's or before... they were SHIT! So mirror finish paint jobs and squeaky clean but INCORRECT trim is ZERO POINTS, or should be.

If you want juke box shiny bling, go to autosalon and look at doof doof ricer cars.

mind if i quote you to the committee?
I love my car. Buy your own

• Soap Dodger

mind if i quote you to the committee?

My feelings and thoughts have already been made clear to several committee members.

but if you feel the need, quote it.