Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline AshMan

• Drives: Whatever they give me to drive.
I guess that good which comes out of all of the variants is that people wanting to get into the lower end of the market have an opportunity to break in with a car that isn't too old and has all of the visual impact they would be seeking from a car like the G

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I guess that good which comes out of all of the variants is that people wanting to get into the lower end of the market have an opportunity to break in with a car that isn't too old and has all of the visual impact they would be seeking from a car like the G

For sure. Depreciation is good for the next owner. My cost of ownership of the LP640 over 20,000km and 2+ years driving was less than the first owner paid for 10 months and 7,000km. Not that he cares!

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Without a large following of owners of previous models like the V8 Ferrari, the Gallardo has/had its work cut out. Every sale was a conquest sale. The early G's didn't drive as well as the F430 so refreshed variants were the only way of maintaining interest. Every new variant cruels the resale of the model before it.

Still love 'em though. :)

As mentioned here previously I fell in love with a Giallo 430 Scud that was at Zagames about a month ago.  Its the only colour combo other than the Nero one that sold in Sydney that I really liked.  I wouldn't buy a red one, I just don't think they look that good.  Just my opinion of course.

The Gallardo is a car I've liked and I just asked myself should I be in a position to buy a car which would I go for and I was leaning towards a Gallardo SL over the 430 Scud.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The Gallardo is a car I've liked and I just asked myself should I be in a position to buy a car which would I go for and I was leaning towards a Gallardo SL over the 430 Scud.

I like the Scud better. I even ordered one when they were announced, then switched the order to the Cali briefly, then to the 458.

I've never liked the fixed backrest seats in the SL - or the SV come to that. I drove an early SL - not different enough to the standard G, IMO.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Don't know that one.  :?

Dealer was pretty adamant today it's something they wouldn't bother with (take that how you want though), the other idea we came up with is that the spy shots are the 550-2 spider, which would make sense maybe.

Word was that the V12 replacement will be the car shown in Paris.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Word was that the V12 replacement will be the car shown in Paris.

Yes, so I believe. I can't wait to see it. It'll be the best thing they've ever done I reckon.

Offline Mr Enzo

Surely we must be getting towards the end of the G (many variants) life cycle aren't we ??? 
Batti il ferro quando caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline Marcus G

Surely we must be getting towards the end of the G (many variants) life cycle aren't we ???
Gallardo was introduced a year after the Murcielago, so Id be thinking about a year after we get the new V12 the G replacement should show up.

Offline Mr Enzo

Gallardo was introduced a year after the Murcielago, so Id be thinking about a year after we get the new V12 the G replacement should show up.

Isn't the V12 due out next year sometime ?
Batti il ferro quando caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.