Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Did it get up to 301kph though?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline dkabab

Yep, ballsy driving. Its amazing to see that even though cars like the 918/lafa/p1 have taken super cars to the next level, a fairly run of the mill super car like this one can lap the same time.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I thought it would be much more stable than that, it looked likek the tyres were not upto the job, it was nice to see a bit of turn in over steer  :thumbsup:

Offline 9911

That is amazing! And on shitty Pirelli P1s!

I wonder who was driving...and I wonder what the F12GTO would do?!?! Not that we will ever find out.

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
They only had enough time to do exactly 1 lap to get that time and many people believe that with more trials, they could have done a better job... Lamborghini is happy with that, or should I say VW is happy with the time as more trial might possibly destroy 918/s lap time which might upset Porsche's customers which are also VW's.

Offline tdc911

They only had enough time to do exactly 1 lap to get that time and many people believe that with more trials, they could have done a better job... Lamborghini is happy with that, or should I say VW is happy with the time as more trial might possibly destroy 918/s lap time which might upset Porsche's customers which are also VW's.

Porsche has plenty of time up its sleeve between the record lap and the time the 918 is now capable of setting.

Offline Neru

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

How do they measure a lap? I notice the Lambo stopwatch stopped before he reached the starting point (coming into the lefthander with the red and white Armco). Or did I miss something?

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
How do they measure a lap? I notice the Lambo stopwatch stopped before he reached the starting point (coming into the lefthander with the red and white Armco). Or did I miss something?

my lap timer works of gps and it remembers the exact point I was when i pressed the start button and uses that as the start of the lap.
For me at mallala it is about 50m past the start line.

The next session I go out I dont have to press the start button again as it remembers where i pressed it the first time.

So it does not matter where you start its relative to the track as it will balance out due to it being exactly 1 lap