Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Thanks for posting, I thought he looked pretty relaxed & it looked stable to me for a road car, I'd suggest it only got ever so slightly untidy a couple of times in the slower corners because he was pushing hard, he made 325ks & I reckon it looked good everywhere for a road car at those speeds :cool:
agreed Pete, and he wasn't shy about chasing the throttle either........every little opportunity and he was on the loud pedal in the worst way! Brave boy!
Rog probably knows who it was........might be one of Reiters regulars?
Always Gunna

Offline dkabab

agreed Pete, and he wasn't shy about chasing the throttle either........every little opportunity and he was on the loud pedal in the worst way! Brave boy!
Rog probably knows who it was........might be one of Reiters regulars?

Marco Mapelli

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Mapelli

Yes.

why?

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Thanks for posting, I thought he looked pretty relaxed & it looked stable to me for a road car, I'd suggest it only got ever so slightly untidy a couple of times in the slower corners because he was pushing hard, he made 325ks & I reckon it looked good everywhere for a road car at those speeds :cool:

If you want to see stable and relaxed watch the 918's lap it was silky smooth with a feather touch unlike this Lambo Lap where he was ragging the nuts off that thing!
May the Horse be with you....

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

If you want to see stable and relaxed watch the 918's lap it was silky smooth with a feather touch unlike this Lambo Lap where he was ragging the nuts off that thing!
I just watched the 918's lap very impressive & I agree it was less frenetic, that said its pretty relative, my earlier point was related to a comment about the Lambo not being as stable as someone expected, I thought it looked pretty relaxed especially when you compare it to cars of only 10 or so years ago or the later post of the Ruff Porsche... now that was frenetic.

Don't get me wrong I'd have the 918 in a heartbeat over any Lambo, I just marvel at the way the modern road going supercars drive & handle speed compared to cars of a few years ago, modern day supercars are fast & easy to drive at speed, they make many competent drivers appear like race drivers as they are so forgiving.

The compromise between supercars & race cars is getting smaller all the time with the tech of modern cars  :)
Keep Smiling

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

I just watched the 918's lap very impressive & I agree it was less frenetic, that said its pretty relative, my earlier point was related to a comment about the Lambo not being as stable as someone expected, I thought it looked pretty relaxed especially when you compare it to cars of only 10 or so years ago or the later post of the Ruff Porsche... now that was frenetic.

Don't get me wrong I'd have the 918 in a heartbeat over any Lambo, I just marvel at the way the modern road going supercars drive & handle speed compared to cars of a few years ago, modern day supercars are fast & easy to drive at speed, they make many competent drivers appear like race drivers as they are so forgiving.

The compromise between supercars & race cars is getting smaller all the time with the tech of modern cars  :)

I agree, compared to the yellow bird the SV was dream.

I also watched the 918 clip again last night and to me it appeared that the track was damp. Could you see that? If this was the case, then perhaps the 918 could shave off an additional 15 - 20 secs.

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

I am not one for body kits or tinsel,  however this DMC LP988 looks the business to me!

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I agree, compared to the yellow bird the SV was dream.

I also watched the 918 clip again last night and to me it appeared that the track was damp. Could you see that? If this was the case, then perhaps the 918 could shave off an additional 15 - 20 secs.
I just had another look, you may be right about damp in couple of places, they have obviously done a recon lap before & you would tend to think they wouldn't do the run unless they had a dry track, or if they did they wouldn't put up one that was less than their best. Just coming into the 7.00 minute tape mark just before the main straight he comes into shade, it did look a little damp & he had to correct a little which could suggest a slightly slippery surface, that said you can hear some tyre squeal which there is not much of throughout the video, it would be interesting to know what tyres are on the car, most likely sticky 'R' compound, if normal road tyres they'd be squealing like hell & slicks don't really squeal.

Watching it again its a nice video & just shows how good the 918 is, I like him turning up the electric I suspect when hitting the straight, Mark could tell us if that is the electric dial or wing adjustment or something else?

It would be nice to be able to see speed, tacho etc, I did see 300 early on in the vid

He is obviously on radio & can tell he's close to the 7m because he really goes for it in the last couple of corners  :thumbsup:
Keep Smiling

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

The SV achieved all that in a single lap only, the 918 ran multiple laps with factory support, I doubt it can go 20 seconds faster, if they could the time would be up.

I like both cars having said that I would have a 918 over the SV due to its rarity and what it stands for, pinnacle of Porsche (German) engineering but you'd be hard pressed to downplay and/or discredit what Lambo's done with the SV, the car is simply a weapon and nothing looks as mental as it does in particular at its price point.

When family sedans are as fast or faster than some exotics it starts being about something else with speed becoming secondary.

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

I just had another look, you may be right about damp in couple of places, they have obviously done a recon lap before & you would tend to think they wouldn't do the run unless they had a dry track, or if they did they wouldn't put up one that was less than their best. Just coming into the 7.00 minute tape mark just before the main straight he comes into shade, it did look a little damp & he had to correct a little which could suggest a slightly slippery surface, that said you can hear some tyre squeal which there is not much of throughout the video, it would be interesting to know what tyres are on the car, most likely sticky 'R' compound, if normal road tyres they'd be squealing like hell & slicks don't really squeal.

Watching it again its a nice video & just shows how good the 918 is, I like him turning up the electric I suspect when hitting the straight, Mark could tell us if that is the electric dial or wing adjustment or something else?

It would be nice to be able to see speed, tacho etc, I did see 300 early on in the vid

He is obviously on radio & can tell he's close to the 7m because he really goes for it in the last couple of corners  :thumbsup:

I
When he was playing with the dial in the 918 he was taking the aero down to make it more slippery.

Speaking of electrics, I also read that the 918 ran out of electric juice during the lap at the end. I am not sure how true this statement was though.