Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
i'd imagine the Lambo would have been disappointing after riding in my car this morning  :p

I can't describe how bored I was :p

Nice pics of mega car.

any sound clips?

is it still running std exhaust?

AFAIK std exhaust but it had something done to it on it's last service - mhh will have to answer that - however you seriously don't need anything more than standard on this thing, I have some observations as a bystander...

Firstly - when he was coming to collect me, as he approached the corner about 150m from me he flicked the e-gear to downshift from 2nd to 1st, the noise the car makes in doing this filled a semi-busy CBD street with the sweet sound of 12 cylinders roaring as it matched revs... or as we are inclined to believe, way OVER-matched.  For someone like us who knows it's just natural for the car it's fine, but as an objective bystander - it sounded like he revved it for attention and is a bit toolish.  It's definitely far more ostentatious than the Gallardo SE ever was.

Secondly - he did probably a dozen drive-bys past me today, but of course on those skinny b-roads he has to drive a fair way to find a reasonable spot to u-bolt.  He was nowhere near really pushing it when approaching my position, yet I could hear the cacophany probably near a km away, and as he comes through the last few corners I seriously have to look around other directions because it sounds like there are 3 or 4 cars coming from all directions and it freaks you out!

I took a small portion of vid - I'll see if there's anything suitable for public consumption...

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
hard to imagine you'd ever get sick of looking at that car.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline CortinaD

Saw you on corner of magill & glynburn road this afternoon heading towards the hills. Sounds insane!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Saw you on corner of magill & glynburn road this afternoon heading towards the hills. Sounds insane!

Where were you?  I think we were stuck there a while.

Offline CortinaD

I was in the servo filling up the motorbike after a midday hills run. Did TTG, Gumeraca, Lobethal, Norton Summit.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ah.  Did that route three or four times today between NSX and Lambo runs - saw *heaps* of bikes out there.

Offline CortinaD

hehehe, it is amazing that we have such fantastic roads so close to the city.

Yeah, there must have been some bike cruise on as we saw about 30 or 40 parked at Lobethal.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Was thinking the same thing today - we got such an amazing run - I actually asked mhh if he sacrifices tar to the road gods for the luck he seems to get on these runs.  :worship:   It was supposed to be "a quick hills squirt" but we went for probably 1.5 hours in the Lambo almost completely unhindered and with massive grins when we got back to basecamp.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

sigh...am reading this with envy...some of us are stuck here in a dingy hotel outside of Sydney. Not a pub in sight, and certainly no hot exotics in sight either  :irked:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
I actually asked mhh if he sacrifices tar to the road gods for the luck he seems to get on these runs.  :worship:  

Is it really that difficult? I mean, don't you all just live in a small country town?  :scratchchin: