Offline Downshift

Honestly did not expect hate from here  :? I started this thread because I myself love teaser threads for photoshoots of truly badass cars. Creates a cool hype and is in a sense something to look forward to. I didn't start it to promote my blog which I will add I earn nothing from, just run for the good of the car community.

Not really. A noob starts a post promising 3 Lambos but instead he spams his blog while he keeps us waiting. That gets an immediate ban on some forums.
Maybe go have a look at my blog and see all the spam on there, because there isn't any. We have been to busy actually editing photos and organising other stuff, to post features.

Might have been one self promoting automotive blogger too many. Just publish the frikken pictures.
Once again this wasn't for promotion  :doh:, I did it because I thought you guys would like to see some shots as we are editing. It takes a solid amount of time to edit the pictures as heavily as we do. Especially considering I have 6 other sets of photos I have to edit as well as stickers to design and print for the Top 10 Modified cars of 2010 that I am doing for the site.

Anyhow will post more pics when I or Matyi get some more edited. Chrissy period is deeming it pretty hard to get work done  :p hahaha
Also one of the features should be up just after Christmas. Will keep you all posted, with or without hate.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Honestly did not expect hate from here  :?

The big difference with this forum and others is that there are a lot of people who are successful in business, that have a natural instinct not to be pissed around..... They also own the kind of cars youre "Teasing" with.

On a ricer forum youre dealing with kids that are going oo ahh, wow look at the Lambo... here its people that own Lambos, Ferraris etc and they think, well if you're gonna post pics, post the pics dont feed us bs with links to your site..

As you said you like teaser threads... obviously there are people here that dont. They'd rather you post the pics once theyre done or dont bother with them. 
Its not about ego's......... but a teaser thread on here is like watching 9 commercials on TV while you want to see the end of what youre watching... a pain in the butt. 

I personally havent said anything too nasty but I was getting sick of it myself.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

You have to remember that most have already seen these three cars before so it's not like we don't know what to expect. I understand that you have a lot of editing to do but you come across like you think you're sitting on the worlds greatest secret.

Don't get us wrong we are all looking forward to seeing what you boys got up to, it was a pity I had left before you got together.

Offline Downshift

The big difference with this forum and others is that there are a lot of people who are successful in business, that have a natural instinct not to be pissed around..... They also own the kind of cars youre "Teasing" with.

On a ricer forum youre dealing with kids that are going oo ahh, wow look at the Lambo... here its people that own Lambos, Ferraris etc and they think, well if you're gonna post pics, post the pics dont feed us bs with links to your site..

As you said you like teaser threads... obviously there are people here that dont. They'd rather you post the pics once theyre done or dont bother with them. 
Its not about ego's......... but a teaser thread on here is like watching 9 commercials on TV while you want to see the end of what youre watching... a pain in the butt. 

I personally havent said anything too nasty but I was getting sick of it myself.

Dually noted, I guess when you put it in that perspective it makes a shitload more sense. I honestly never meant to come across as using this to merely promote my site.

Horses for Courses. Shall leave it be till the features are up then :D

You have to remember that most have already seen these three cars before so it's not like we don't know what to expect. I understand that you have a lot of editing to do but you come across like you think you're sitting on the worlds greatest secret.

Don't get us wrong we are all looking forward to seeing what you boys got up to, it was a pity I had left before you got together.
Hahaha yeah I only realised until after I posted this thread, that everyone already knew of scuds collection. Obviously the SV photos I knew about, but I thought the rest were unknown to most. Oh well live and let learn.

Was a good way to spend an early Saturday that is for sure. We were on a tight schedule for the shoot as it was, with another car involved would have been even harder :P This time of year is always a struggle for free time, even so it is always refreshing to spend any amount of time shooting the more upper echelon of cars. I used to live in Dubai so I kind of miss having exotica in front of my lens.

There is a limit to how cool a, how was it put earlier "Ricer", can be  :p So shooting exotics is a nice change, and definitely not the easiest to come by.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline hydie

Guys, it's not the fact that the photos are being held back, it is because they are still getting processed (especially with 3 cars) and  especially at this time of year, time is short.

:melting:

Offline fivesix

:melting:

This this is pure awesomeness. Everytime I see it...  :faint:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

it looks good, but after all the waiting and shit talk, it's an anti climax.

Why so much "editing"... just take a decent pic in the first place.... :tilt:

Offline app

Why so much "editing"... just take a decent pic in the first place.... :tilt:

That's the problem right there, photoshop has redefined decent pic.
You won't find a pro that doesn't use photoshop.  Sad really.