Offline SykotikTaj

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find the best source for a replica hard top merci or a gallardo replica. I've been reading about it but I was told to come speak to the experienced guys here. I'm sure you hear it all the time, but I can't seem to find any reputable dealers. When I do my investigation into them, they're either scams or people have problems dealing with them. Is there any reputable replica dealers in australia? I would like to build it myself, and I did find the space frame plans online, although I'm not sure whether they are accurate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Offline jack2012

• Name: Jack
What exactly do you want to build? sounds like a fun project!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Table-flipping hissy fits in T-minus 17 posts...

Offline SykotikTaj

I basically would like something that's very accurate, once I make the space frame, something that I can bolt up to it. I don't want to use a donor car, would rather do it all myself. I really love the look of the ht merci and the gallardo. But really can't afford a real one, sadly. :( although I would probably enjoy it more if I built myself anyway

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I basically would like something that's very accurate, once I make the space frame, something that I can bolt up to it. I don't want to use a donor car, would rather do it all myself. I really love the look of the ht merci and the gallardo. But really can't afford a real one, sadly. :( although I would probably enjoy it more if I built myself anyway

If you want something very accurate, the best guys to do it are in Italy, they have this little factory in Sant'Agata.

However if you fancy yourself a coachbuilder, why not create something original?  There are GAZILLIONS of great concept renderings out there, even some guys here produce 3D stuff.

I'll tell you this, even if you create something that is 95% accurate, it will still look "off" in the end, and the only way it won't be a complete waste of time and money is if you continually try to convince yourself that it's good enough.  If you are building something original, well there's no comparison - it's just what it is - the SykotikTajMobile.

Offline SykotikTaj

I understand that mate, but as long as I'm happy with it, that's all that should matter right? I know it will never be 100%, but as long as I like it. I'm not out to win awards. Is there a direction you could point me into for replica builders? I'll check out some concept ones aswell, see if I find something I like.

Offline SykotikTaj

I read a few pages and there's nothing I'm after....

Anyone dealt with extreme-sportscars?
How close are they without modifications?

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I read a few pages and there's nothing I'm after....

Anyone dealt with extreme-sportscars?
How close are they without modifications?

We may be low on users as it's the festive season. However I think where you are slightly missing Ash's excellent advice is that he was too subtle...

If I may paraphase what he's suggested...

1. You will look like a knob in a replica lambo
2. You friends, the general populace and also undiscovered races from other galaxies will think you're a knob
3. You think you'll be happy, but you won't be, because of the knobbage mentioned above
4. Build something that's meant to be a kit, or that is marginally cool. A ripoff lambo isn't, as they are driven by knobs

Season's greetings!
C'mon, do it!

Offline TomE

We may be low on users as it's the festive season. However I think where you are slightly missing Ash's excellent advice is that he was too subtle...

If I may paraphase what he's suggested...

1. You will look like a knob in a replica lambo
2. You friends, the general populace and also undiscovered races from other galaxies will think you're a knob
3. You think you'll be happy, but you won't be, because of the knobbage mentioned above
4. Build something that's meant to be a kit, or that is marginally cool. A ripoff lambo isn't, as they are driven by knobs

Season's greetings!

Buying a kit Birkin/Lotus 7 so you will have a great handling car, then make a f/glass lambo mould to fit on it to get the knob factor.