Offline ckbag

I hate the 1.4/rentals, utterly different car. Gutless and wheezy and noisy.

I tried to tell ya!

ALWAYS shop at the top of the tree, in EVERYTHING you do.

lol when i first bought the car i thought the engine had something wrong with it cause it was so noisy considering the (lack of)power it was giving. now i am used to it. at the time it was the cheapest car you can buy so I aint gonna complain too much :P

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
does anyone know what it will cost to change a lamborghini gallardo clutch

manual or e gear

just an indication

thanks

I've had Quotes in Sydney from $4k-$12k (for factory clutch and fly), So definately shop around.  Also ask if they know how to adjust the clutch engagement and if they can do it how you want the car to behave. I always opt for the quick/sharp clutch engage (not so good for city driving but makes the car feel as responsive and tight as they should have been from the factory)
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline STEEVE

i have an 2006 gallardo fried the clutch in the first 2 weeks of driving couldn't help my self thrashing it , i want to get an  high performance kevlar clutch anyone know of any good mechanics ??? in melbourne that can do it beside Lamborghini dealership?

Beautiful color. I love orange Gallardo.

If you want to get a Kevlar clutch, get a Kevlar clutch from Hi Tech Exotic in US. I have Hi Tech Exotic in my 2004 Gallardo E-gear. I have 30,000 miles on it and I still have 50% left. My original only lasted 8K miles. Their phone number is 1-888-456-0437.

I have been very happy with their Kevlar clutch. Here are some some feedbacks from their customers.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/hi-tech-exotic-kevlar-clutch-outstanding-17194/

Offline ELATAM

Hi
I had a high-tech exotic kevlar clutch installed in my 2006 Gallardo. Lamborghini were reluctant to install and provided some stern advice but I insisted and the clutch runs perfectly. Reverse is even better then OEM.
Word of caution there are a few Australian sellers trying to sell reconditioned clutches with Kevlar coating that I think Lamborghini had some trouble installing. Donít waste your money and go for a new High Tech clutch.
Customer services from HighTech Exotics is awesome and Iím one not a person that is easily impressed.
PM me for any questions.   

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
For all your Gallardo clutch needs, the only guy you really ought to speak to is Paul Plascek at Sports and Classic Car services, in braeside.

0433 691604

he stocks the clutches and has all the diagnostic tools to install and set them up properly.

And he's a top bloke.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

For all your Gallardo clutch needs, the only guy you really ought to speak to is Paul Plascek at Sports and Classic Car services, in braeside.

0433 691604

he stocks the clutches and has all the diagnostic tools to install and set them up properly.

And he's a top bloke.

;)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Hi
I had a high-tech exotic kevlar clutch installed in my 2006 Gallardo. Lamborghini were reluctant to install and provided some stern advice but I insisted and the clutch runs perfectly. Reverse is even better then OEM.
Word of caution there are a few Australian sellers trying to sell reconditioned clutches with Kevlar coating that I think Lamborghini had some trouble installing. Donít waste your money and go for a new High Tech clutch.
Customer services from HighTech Exotics is awesome and Iím one not a person that is easily impressed.
PM me for any questions.

I never had any problems with an OEM clutch, what makes the biggest difference is how the installer of the clutch sets it up via the diagnostic computer, not the clutch it self.

Why bother with a "Kevlar" clutch if the car is stock or only mildly tuned???   Makes no difference ImO unless you decide to turbo the fucker and you are getting clutch slip from pure power alone....

Offline Ferrariadvocates

The Kevlar clutches last longer, usually double the distance than what the OEM lasts for.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

The Kevlar clutches last longer, usually double the distance than what the OEM lasts for.

Apparently they do, but I'm not convinced.

I was also told by the Internet that Gallardo egear clutches only last <10 000km which is complete bullcrap. I doubt Kevlar will double OEM life considering what plays one of the biggest rolls in Gallardo clutches is how it was set up electronically after install.

Set up an OEM clutch to "bite" when getting into first and the clutch will last you yonks and still be fairly smooth to drive (unless you like reversing up steep hills for fun). Plus it feels how a Lamborghini should feel. The factory set up is ridiculous I admit, but you have the power to adjust it how you like. Adjust the clutch to bite quicker and the car actually feels like how it should.

Offline 355Aussie

The clutches on Lamborghini and Ferrari last longer depending on how you drive them. If you are going to do burnouts and the rest then of the crap you could be changing clutches very regularly as many do.

Drive it properly and bingo no issues.

As for Kevlar doubt you are going to get double life span out of it. There will always be someone out there that will break it for sure!!