Offline dkabab

Same colour as your Audi?
Still happy withi it?

I think so, mines Sprint Blue

Yeah still love it

Offline v8fans

• Name: Scott
I used similar stuff on my garage - I'm quite pleased with it. (apologies for the crappy pics but you get the idea).

Etch first?

Hot tires pull it up at all?

Offline codyykimm

Just got a black one left now.   This yellow one was sold last year to the new owner :)
Are you planning on getting the Huracan?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Are you planning on getting the Huracan?

Depends how good it is, I see it in a few days, not sure when test drive is though
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Depends how good it is, I see it in a few days, not sure when test drive is though

When the G was launched, they had LHD cars to drive on track in Australia before any local showroom reveal. They do it differently these days. You mostly need to order on the strength of magazine tests if you want a car in the first year of release of any desirable new model or you miss out.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

When the G was launched, they had LHD cars to drive on track in Australia before any local showroom reveal. They do it differently these days. You mostly need to order on the strength of magazine tests if you want a car in the first year of release of any desirable new model or you miss out.

Being lambo it will be the same model for 11 years so no massive rush lol

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Welcome!  Nice garage you've got there - I really love the blue colour on the S5.  It's a rarity to see an Audi in anything other than silver or grey, which is a real surprise considering they have one of the cheapest 'paint to match' programs I've ever come across.

Re the RWD conversion on the Gallardo - are you pulling out the front diff completely or just disconnecting the driveshafts but leaving the hardware in place?  I had an 05 G and now a Balboni 550-2, and I find the biggest advantage of the RWD setup is the reduction of weight over the front axle, giving a noticeably sharper turn-in and less tendency to push understeer on the track.

Either way, it should completely change the car from feeling like a big Audi TT to something that you have to show a heap more respect to drive quickly.  Enjoy!

Interesting on the difference in driving feel between RWD and AWD, James. Are you inclined to wait for a RWD Huracan in preference to the AWD? I found the understeer (or at least the strong self- centering) the least appealing feature of driving the G and Murci.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

I've bought a lot of cars and bikes sight unseen, sometimes a long time before release. You would think it would be risky; but I can only recall one turkey out of all of them. Most higher end cars are pretty good these days, I think it's pretty hard to go wrong.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I found the understeer (or at least the strong self- centering) the least appealing feature of driving the G and Murci.

That just means you are not driving it hard enough ;)

Benefits of a JDM Boy racer/drift background... Helps you utilise AWD better

Offline jamesatfish

Interesting on the difference in driving feel between RWD and AWD, James. Are you inclined to wait for a RWD Huracan in preference to the AWD? I found the understeer (or at least the strong self- centering) the least appealing feature of driving the G and Murci.

Not long after I bought my 05 Gallardo I had the chance to drive the 560-4 and the then-new Balboni around The Farm.  I remember at the time thinking how much more lively the RWD car was compared to the AWD around the tight road circuit, and decided that for track driving (or just generally pushing at 8/10ths or above) the 550-2 was the far better car.

I took my old car to Wakefield Park and Eastern Creek a few times, and whilst there's a definite rear-drive bias when you apply power out of tight corners  I'm about 20 notches of skill below Wattens or anyone who can translate that into a controlled AWD drift.  What I noticed more is the extra weight pushing the front of the car into the slower corners - more noticeably into Turn 2 at the Creek or the top of the hill at Wakefield.  Without driving the 550-2 I would have just chalked that up to a conservative handling setup, but after experiencing the car without the front diff I can see it's as much the extra 70kg over the front wheels than anything else.

As for the Huracan - I'm going to take a look in Brisbane on the 18th but I'm currently planning on keeping the Balboni long term so it doesn't make sense to have a Huracan and an Gallardo.  I'm more tempted to wait until the second hand prices of the Aventador Roadster start dropping and try a V12 car next.