Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Approx 18 Months ago I had the opportunity to purchase a Beautiful 5000s for a little over $100,000 AUD from London.

Whilst going through the inspection process I was subsequently talked out of the vehicle.....

Then later i found out when I went over to the UK that the Mechanics and Salespeople just didn;t want the car leaving for Australian shores....

Needless to say, I am still kicking myself.

Some pictures below:
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Slickaz

• Hulk...SMASH!

• Name: Slick
that's beautiful...

Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy.
Hulk...SMASH!

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

that's beautiful...

Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy.

I am not quite sure it was envy, it was more a case of keeping the vehicle in the UK to earn more money out of it in years to come through services and reselling.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
that's beautiful...

Noob guy. We already have G-one and Dodger for cryptic messages. Please start a different act.

To the OP - awesome car, luckily the regret from missing this one means you'll be more rash on the next   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I think you and Slickaz are a good match you can hang out and do cool dude uber things together :thumbsup:

Offline Stingray69

• Drives: Magnum's car but grey
  • Name: Rennie

Hmmm gorgeous car but I think this is the same car that is having "light" restoration work being done Alsa Automotive in the UK.

Maybe you shouldn't regret it too much because the car had a substantial amount of damage to the front and rear that was poorly repaired and is now being repaired correctly. The repair work was shoddy indeed. Hate to imagine the cost remedial work in Aust?

Just go to the Lamborghini Chat section of F-chat to see what you missed out on!
If you ain't living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space

Offline Slickaz

• Hulk...SMASH!

• Name: Slick
Noob guy. We already have G-one and Dodger for cryptic messages. Please start a different act.

lol..thanks i didnt know...now i have to find another interesting persona..damnit!
Hulk...SMASH!

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Condor,
I told you to come over and have a look at mine  and i would fill you in on all the facts.

Countach's are a money pity  and terrible to drive around town.

Your 550 is a better choice for practicality.
The Countach would have been a better investment, but you would have quickly sunk another $100K into it to get it right from what I hear. Parts are hard to find, expensive and most body shops will not touch one.

I had some body resto work done on mine.  When i asked for a quote.  The response was..it will be what it will be.
When i got the bill, I nearly fell over...could have bought a new cara few times over!

Mechanicals, Suspension etc.  I ended up tooling up for my own suspension joints, hub carriers etc.  Lucky i have a friend with a hi tech CNC tool shop to replicate many parts.

Body work  required a new boot lid.  I had to have one hand made since no longer available.

If it was too cheap...then there was some underlying fact.

Overseas there are too many experts that take short cuts  and the car's integrity is compromised over a 25 year period.
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

Hmmm gorgeous car but I think this is the same car that is having "light" restoration work being done Alsa Automotive in the UK.

Maybe you shouldn't regret it too much because the car had a substantial amount of damage to the front and rear that was poorly repaired and is now being repaired correctly. The repair work was shoddy indeed. Hate to imagine the cost remedial work in Aust?

Just go to the Lamborghini Chat section of F-chat to see what you missed out on!

Thanks Rennie,

I will check this out for sure.

To be honest, I had an underlying doubt in the owners integrity.

However, the price was sufficient to allow enough coverage for repairs.

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

Condor,
I told you to come over and have a look at mine  and i would fill you in on all the facts.

Countach's are a money pity  and terrible to drive around town.

Your 550 is a better choice for practicality.
The Countach would have been a better investment, but you would have quickly sunk another $100K into it to get it right from what I hear. Parts are hard to find, expensive and most body shops will not touch one.

I had some body resto work done on mine.  When i asked for a quote.  The response was..it will be what it will be.
When i got the bill, I nearly fell over...could have bought a new cara few times over!

Mechanicals, Suspension etc.  I ended up tooling up for my own suspension joints, hub carriers etc.  Lucky i have a friend with a hi tech CNC tool shop to replicate many parts.

Body work  required a new boot lid.  I had to have one hand made since no longer available.

If it was too cheap...then there was some underlying fact.

Overseas there are too many experts that take short cuts  and the car's integrity is compromised over a 25 year period.

Thanks Dean,

I gotta say that your original advice to me was the trigger point where I turned around and drpped the idea.

Having stated this I won't ever get this dream out of my head until I own one. And yes I know they are pigs to drive, pigs to park and cost the bomb to maintain.

But hey, isn't that part of the experience.

I couldn't imagine a GTHO being better to drive and some poor collectors paid overs for those things....

You have to admit, the car is drop dead gorgeous, a childhood dream that lived on my wall and will one day live in my garage.

That and a nice F40 too...