Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Perhaps its my monitor, but I think some pics are over-saturated (e.g. below) - or perhaps the sky gradient is a bit too dark (=obvious)?  Generally, I prefer not to add gradients/vignettes 'cos it makes pics look a bit fake, but I think it works well when subtly applied to an otherwise bland or colourless sky.

Image: SA Lamborghini Club run - 11th October '09

Actually I think that shot and a few of the others pointing that direction really came up with quite a dark gradient straight out, I'll have to look at the originals later - I certainly didn't add any further saturation, only thing I would have done to that shot if anything was like 5% contrast - with all the other "bland" colour cars there the dam yeller thing just looks overexposed with the camera settings I was using.  I've got two monitors in front of me both with different settings, on the darker monitor with more blue-tone it looks a bit ghastly, but on the other one it looks a lot more natural.

Here's the original photo raw straight off the camera.

I think I spent probably 8 seconds cropping out the fence, 5 seconds adjusting the contrast, and 4 seconds placing the watermark.  I just think I didn't have the camera setup optimally for the conditions - as they changed a lot during the day, and I'm pretty meh at posed photos.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

This is a brilliant photo:  :thumbsup:

Haha so funny, that was a nothing photo - as in I just was walking past the car (had walked past it like 50 times already that day) and thought that's a nice pose so just dropped the camera and snapped - barely breaking my gait.

Got back home and looked at it - first thing I thought was how much it looked like one of your photos! :p

eg, from this set:
http://aussieexotics.com/2009/06/17/lamborghini-club-australia-melbourne-docklands-display-april-2009

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Love this photo too  :melting:

Cheers man, it was a fantastic location - however sadly there were no decent places to see it from, if there were a hill nearby or something it would have been epic - in the end looking from a photographer's eyes it was just frustrating - you know, BEING the scenery and unable to capture it.

Also look at the angle on the Diablo's door windows, in the Countach the windows only wind down about 3 inches, but in the Diablo they go all the way - amazing engineering.

Offline 98octane

Actually I think that shot and a few of the others pointing that direction really came up with quite a dark gradient straight out, I'll have to look at the originals later - I certainly didn't add any further saturation, only thing I would have done to that shot if anything was like 5% contrast - with all the other "bland" colour cars there the dam yeller thing just looks overexposed with the camera settings I was using.  I've got two monitors in front of me both with different settings, on the darker monitor with more blue-tone it looks a bit ghastly, but on the other one it looks a lot more natural.

Here's the original photo raw straight off the camera.

I think I spent probably 8 seconds cropping out the fence, 5 seconds adjusting the contrast, and 4 seconds placing the watermark.  I just think I didn't have the camera setup optimally for the conditions - as they changed a lot during the day, and I'm pretty meh at posed photos.

Ah - perhaps the original pic was slightly underexposed - I think that's why the colours became very rich when you increased the contrast (which is exactly what I would have done, plus increasing the exposure slightly in PS).

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Absolutely awesome pics Ash, of a really fun day. Love the in action shots, and would really love to get some of the video footage. Unfortunately some of us slow pokes who couldn't keep up on the way back couldn't keep up because we got stuck behind grannies driving granny cars at granny pace (hope no one takes offence!). Glad it wasn't just me though since 4 or 5 of us were missing by the end! Hope you are well.

Hey man - good to run into you tonight (though I was carrying an Oktoberfest stein in the middle of traffic and off my face) - didn't realise who you were before.

Man - your car sounds.... gah!  AWESOME!!!  As you took off and turned down Pirie I just listened and it basically melted my spine.  Sensational.  Sorry I couldn't spend more time focussing on it last weekend.

Find it quite funny that both times we've met on a chance occasion it's been within about 50 yards and totally random - also with you driving somewhere and me returning from a night involving a lot of beer. :p

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
Lol - Yes, Ash I was remarking the same thing to my mate, and that this sort of thing could only happen in Adelaide. Thanks re: sound effects . I am addicted to the engine sound - and very glad I removed the active exhaust, or else it was a bit to civil for my liking. Yes I find myself in town alot more nowadays, as my mates ask me to take them for cruises. I like open roads more personally! Hope you had a great time tonight!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Great photos  :thumbsup: sounds like a fun drive, lunch nearly turned into dinner by the sounds  :rolleyes: scenery & roads look beautiful and Mark I love your MJ glove (tmAsh).

We've got a run on this Sunday so I'm sure the boys will post up some photos.

Would be great if you guys were a little closer & we could all do a run together  :cool:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Would be great if you guys were a little closer & we could all do a run together  :cool:

We should organise it - meet you at Hay?  :p