Offline efast

silly but possible

Murciélago gets flipped over, despite its low center of gravity, how could the driver get out? since the doors opens vertically.  maybe try get out from the side windows?

Spyder gets flipped over, what's going to happen to the drivers head, since its a soft top?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Best option I heard for Lamborghini is to motorise the doors so when you flip it you can just robowalk the  car to a manhole or something.  Murcielagos also have glass-breakers in the passenger footwell, and I've heard you can unscrew the gearstick and use it for this also - this idea is attributed to Balboni himself after somehow flipping a Countach or something.

Either way it doesn't matter, you can flip any car and the chances of the doors operating as per the owner's manual is slim to none.

Modern convertibles have roll hoops, often they're hidden behind the seats and punch out when CoG indicates a rollover is about to occur.  Either way you'd be hard-pressed to remain among the living in a convertible sports car rollover, as the speed and stupidity you'd have to indulge in to achieve such a feat pretty much ensures you will leave a 200 metre chalk outline anyway.

Offline efast

I've heard you can unscrew the gearstick

that's the first time i have heard the gearstick can have two uses, but it is a clever idea

Modern convertibles have roll hoops, often they're hidden behind the seats and punch out when CoG indicates a rollover is about to occur

this is interesting as well, its like a vertical airbag to prevent a direct contact between the drivers head and the ground...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

this is interesting as well, its like a vertical airbag to prevent a direct contact between the drivers head and the ground...

I don't know who pioneered it, but I think the first time I saw it was with a Honda S2000... :confused:  Not sure on that.  Can't find any vids on youtube of it in operation.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Breaking a window in an Egear Murcielago may be a bit more difficult.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Most roll hoops (and I'm pretty sure on the Lambo's) are in the headrest. They are shot out when the car detects a rollover. I'll search for a pic

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

usually behind the seat in the "firewall" in a 2-seater roadster, I wonder how many G's you have to pull in a corner to make them deploy... :p

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

I remember read an article ages ago about the SL55 when it first came out, and the writer lost the tail through a corner and heard and almighty thud, got out to see what he hit but couldn't see anything. As he got back in he noticed that the bar had come up behind his head. Those are retractable as my dad's got them on his older model SL.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

Ash you're right with the murci, I'm assuming they are the bits behind the seats in this photo.
http://www.lambocars.com/hr/mur/murroad30.htm

Offline efast

did they paint the roll bar white as well in the driver's seat?