Offline WOLF

Hi guys so here is the thing, having had my Ferrari 360 for the last 3 or so years I was looking at making an upgrade to the 430 Spider. The weekend just gone I spent most of my time in a mates Gallardo Spyder and I fear that I may be turned...
The thing is I've always been a Ferrari man and although I can appreciate a car as awesome as the Lambo or a DB9 etc I have always remained loyal....that is till now.
I think I may have been seduced by the most sexy temptress known to man  - the Gallardo Spyder.
My mates was a Yellow 06 manual which I think is what (if I did) I'd go for. I used to have reservations about the interior of the Gallardo over the Ferrari as the Lambo just felt like a VW GTI or Audi A4 Avant. This wend thou I tried to be objective and sat in the car for hours on end and at the end of the wend I really liked the 'German-ness' of the interior. It works, it looks good and feels modern where as sitting back in my 360 it did feel dated (despite its bespoke feel which I love).
So the question is - Do I stay or do I go ?
Those of you that maybe have made the defection before could you offer any tips/hints ? Those that have a Lambo can you tell me what I can expect from owning one.
Also on a more practical level (not that either of these cars are practical and thats not really a huge concern really) whats the difference in servicing levels and costs ? My mate did say a new clutch on a Gallardo will cost nearly 3 times that of a Ferrari...this sound about right guys ?

In short anything anyone can offer up on this subject would help me as I dont know what way to go.
Cheers
Wolf

PS - The name of any decent service guy in the Sydney area would be v helpful too.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
As far as the interior goes - yeah I find them a bit bland too, except for the Gallardo SE - that was awesome.

Maybe you can get it trimmed as such... :melting:

Good luck with the decision - it's a nice problem to have. :)

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
The only thing you need to look at is the which one has the best roof mechanism! :D

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

gallardo drives like a truck, heavy through the steering wheel. never liked mine, but might have another look if the lp560 or future variant came out in the RWD spec that's available.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

gallardo drives like a truck, heavy through the steering wheel. never liked mine, but might have another look if the lp560 or future variant came out in the RWD spec that's available.

After driving your F430, I reckon the Ferrari is better. Truck might be a bit strong though.

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
Clutch in a manual '07 G-Spyder is about $9k
Expect about 30,000km on it.

Roof can be temperamental, but only when the car gets hot. The microswitches get a bit confused.
Engine rock solid, noise fantastic and general reliability great. Not particularly happy or friendly in stop-start traffic - but easy and surprisingly economical on a long trip. I agree that the interior is nothing to write home about. If you are tall (I'm 6'3") then it's uncomfortable with the top up.

F430 has issues at 20,000km with exhaust manifold cracking and hot gas causing roof hydraulics to misbehave. Overall reliability fluctuates on both engines and gearboxes. Ferrari 'experience' better than Lambo, interior more special and again noise is fantastic. Is very easy to drive around town but needs some talent to be driven quickly.

Neither car is a 'sensible' decision - so go with your heart.
Both are great fun.

Offline WOLF

HHHmmmm not easy then heart has always said Ferrari. The 458 looks like it maybe in a different league but cant see me ever having one of them.
I've done 911's, Ferrari, think I might go Lambo for a while to get the full house.   :scratchchin:

Offline dkabab

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

F430 has issues at 20,000km with exhaust manifold cracking and hot gas causing roof hydraulics to misbehave. Overall reliability fluctuates on both engines and gearboxes. Ferrari 'experience' better than Lambo, interior more special and again noise is fantastic. Is very easy to drive around town but needs some talent to be driven quickly.

You'd think Ferrari would eventually get it right. 355's had header problems, 360's reporting it already and now the 430's...
C'mon, do it!