Offline Andy@MMRT

• Drives: Murcielago
Talking of which ... did do you find out where the cars go when they are retired .... for spares?!

A most valid question...where do they go in Sydney for spares? 

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

A most valid question...where do they go in Sydney for spares?

Ya don't, the Internet is your shopping mall..............     

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
Had a good look at those pics ... that's a complete mess ... front is twisted up on the right and down on the left ... the front splitter is buggered and cracked in two places.  The right rear 3/4 in front of the wheel is fully collapsed and squashed in, the right rear behind the wheel is destroyed, the rear left looks like the only corner untouched until you look closely.

I reckon that's a write-off through and through.  The interior might be worth something? 

BenC ... when that came over to La Montage, did you notice if it was a manual or eGear?

Wonder what year it is and how many of the parts are re-usable on a 6.0 ... I'm thinking spares like gearbox, brakes, etc...
I know its a 2006 from a rego lookup.

Still trying to find more info, as I believed it was a 640.  I've been wrong before though!

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
Ya don't, the Internet is your shopping mall..............   
Mondi ... the cars don't dissipate into the internet ... they must physically go somewhere when the insurance company writes it off and pays out the owner.

Surely someone knows where shannons writes off their cars ... would be a great hunting ground for spares.

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Drives: Murcielago
Mondi ... the cars don't dissipate into the internet ... they must physically go somewhere when the insurance company writes it off and pays out the owner.

Surely someone knows where shannons writes off their cars ... would be a great hunting ground for spares.

Lamborghini owners in balaclava's scaling fences to commandeer parts...sounds like a nissan sylvia forum. 

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

Shannons gives you salvage rights.  I assume most owners would posses their wrecked cars for parting out?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
It willl end up at a Fowles auction in a few months time. In due course it will sell for far more than it is worth to some twit who owns a panel shop in the western suburbs who has dreams of fixing it for $500 with fake bits he bought on ebay. In 2 years time he will be way under water and will sell it for 25% of what he has in it to another dreamer. Process will then be repeated.......

Crashed exotics rarely get parted out in Australia, unlike America and Europe.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Shannons gives you salvage rights.  I assume most owners would posses their wrecked cars for parting out?

Shannons don't give salvage rights on anything they think might have value as a wreck unless you pay extra on the premium. Even then they don't always do it.

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

Shannons don't give salvage rights on anything they think might have value as a wreck unless you pay extra on the premium. Even then they don't always do it.
Yeh just checked my policy, I pay for it in addition to the basic premium.

Thanks.

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
It willl end up at a Fowles auction in a few months time. In due course it will sell for far more than it is worth to some twit who owns a panel shop in the western suburbs who has dreams of fixing it for $500 with fake bits he bought on ebay. In 2 years time he will be way under water and will sell it for 25% of what he has in it to another dreamer. Process will then be repeated.......

Crashed exotics rarely get parted out in Australia, unlike America and Europe.

So true