Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
So as some of you know, I own (one of) Wattens old Gallardos, an 05.

I've been steadily fixing it up and have been happy with the car.  One thing I've never had a problem with is the engine.

So I take it into Sydneys new dealership to have the power steering recall campaign carried out.  I get it back today with a parting remark of "oh, did you notice that it has a miss?"  No I say, its never had a miss.

I start the car, and the entire right bank of the V10 is offline.  Check engine light and '6-10' written on the dash.  The fuck?  They tell me that in the worlds most amazing coincidence that this happened just before they commenced work on the car.

They then shrug their shoulders at me and expect me to just drive off, with half a fuckin motor.

Stupidly I took it, and limped it to Luigi at Galleria who is going to find the issue.

But seriously, am I out of my mind thinking this is totally unacceptable behavior?!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I've never had that issue on the yellow Gallardo you bought. But I have had that come up on one of my other black G's (06 import) and it was in limp mode. Turned out to be a sensor ~$300 that TS worked out.

I also had a similar fault come up on my old dark grey Aussie delivered Gallardo (06) but Luigi never worked it out, took him months and $$$$ but he never found the problem. Again TS worked it out and another sensor issue. The difference is that the fault codes came up "1-5" & "6-10" and engine light but it never lost power. Sometimes if there is stale or a dodgy batch of fuel in it, it can cause a miss that will set off the fault codes and they won't reset unless you plug it to a computer to reset the codes

You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Also no such thing as coincidence. I'm putting my money on them damaging a sensor or a connector either while pulling it apart or putting it back together.

That car never ever had any fault codes that I can remember even with the Larini exhaust. Let alone half the cylinders not working.

You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

Thanks mate.

I'm going to wait to see what the problem is, and if its clear that they've caused it then it will be tantrum time.  What kind of dealer takes a perfectly working car, gives it back with a massive problem that its never had before and happily waves you off with it? 

Ridiculous.

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
Thanks mate.

I'm going to wait to see what the problem is, and if its clear that they've caused it then it will be tantrum time.  What kind of dealer takes a perfectly working car, gives it back with a massive problem that its never had before and happily waves you off with it? 

Ridiculous.
Apparently the new Sydney dealer! I'd be pretty pissed off as well!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I used to get fault codes from time to time on my Gallardo - but no loss of engine power. I can't recall how they were fixed but I never spent any money - I think they just came good.  There's no way of knowing when the problem arose. It's one of those awkward situations.

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

Lui plugged the computer into it and it read 'o2 sensor'.  Find out more tomorrow.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I would have still been unhappy with the service.

Surely they should have called prior to discuss.....

It's a tricky situation to point the finger, however those in the service industry should do exactly that. "Serve"

And to allow you to collect the car without even attempting to repair or pre-warn you is absolutely disgraceful.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline jamesatfish

For what it's worth, I had a similar issue arise with my 05 G after a major service at the old-old-Sydney dealership (back when the Smiths owned it).  About 5 minutes after collecting the car it threw the CEL, gave the Bank 1-5 warning and scared the shit out of my wife who had just picked it up from the service department with a clean bill of health.

That particular issue ended up being something to do with O2 sensor calibration - having the battery disconnected during the service had obviously reset something, and the thing my wife did after collecting it was to jump onto the Eastern Distributor tunnel where the sensor had a heart attack at the 'clean' air therein.  A further reset and some open-air runs and it all came good, so here's hoping your issue is as simple to diagnose and resolve.

Of course in that situation the dealer service guys were the polar opposite of what you've described - they got the head mechanic on the phone immediately to remotely diagnose the issue and offered to drop everything and meet my wife if the car died in the ED tunnel.

The dealer principal and marketing manager from the new Lambo Sydney are pretty active in terms of their dealings with the Lambo Club and the local member community - if you haven't spoken with one of them as yet I'd be onto them first thing tomorrow morning to explain the issue and give them a chance to put it right.

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver