Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
For what it's worth, I had a similar issue arise with my 05 G after a major service at the old-old-Sydney dealership (back when the Smiths owned it).  About 5 minutes after collecting the car it threw the CEL, gave the Bank 1-5 warning and scared the shit out of my wife who had just picked it up from the service department with a clean bill of health.

That particular issue ended up being something to do with O2 sensor calibration - having the battery disconnected during the service had obviously reset something, and the thing my wife did after collecting it was to jump onto the Eastern Distributor tunnel where the sensor had a heart attack at the 'clean' air therein.  A further reset and some open-air runs and it all came good, so here's hoping your issue is as simple to diagnose and resolve.

Of course in that situation the dealer service guys were the polar opposite of what you've described - they got the head mechanic on the phone immediately to remotely diagnose the issue and offered to drop everything and meet my wife if the car died in the ED tunnel.

The dealer principal and marketing manager from the new Lambo Sydney are pretty active in terms of their dealings with the Lambo Club and the local member community - if you haven't spoken with one of them as yet I'd be onto them first thing tomorrow morning to explain the issue and give them a chance to put it right.

Good service and great advice.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
BTW the way.

What ever happened to Smithie??
May the Horse be with you....

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Can't you guys who own G's get a cable and program to check the fault codes yourselves?????

It's an invaluable tool with the Esprit.

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
So update;

Called the dealer principle.  Said he'd call around.  Got a call back off another bloke from management.  They had a crack at blaming me, blaming a previous problem i had being able to connect to my cars computer (which Lui can do easily, why they can't is beyond me).  Shot that down.

Then they suggested it was just a coincidence that this failure occurred right at the moment they had pulled my engine bay to pieces.  Horseshit.

I think in the end he accepted that obviously this problem is the result of the maintenance action undertaken by them on the car.  He's asked to hear back from Lui about his diagnosis and we go from there.

Here's hoping lambo does the right thing and I don't have to do this the hard way.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

So update;

Called the dealer principle.  Said he'd call around.  Got a call back off another bloke from management.  They had a crack at blaming me, blaming a previous problem i had being able to connect to my cars computer (which Lui can do easily, why they can't is beyond me).  Shot that down.

Then they suggested it was just a coincidence that this failure occurred right at the moment they had pulled my engine bay to pieces.  Horseshit.

I think in the end he accepted that obviously this problem is the result of the maintenance action undertaken by them on the car.  He's asked to hear back from Lui about his diagnosis and we go from there.

Here's hoping lambo does the right thing and I don't have to do this the hard way.

Is there any one else in Sydney who can work on those cars ?
If so this prick should be out of business.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I recon they will do the right thing as they are trying to build their relationship with current owners
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I recon they will do the right thing as they are trying to build their relationship with current owners

Sounds to me like they've blown that already.

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

So things took a turn for the strange.

Went in to see my car.  The left fuel pump is cavitating badly and not supplying fuel to its side of the motor.  Its right behind the passenger seat and obviously very close to where lambo were doing work on the hydraulic lines as part of the recall.  At this early stage, it seems to be the source of the problem.

I feel however its going to be next to impossible to demonstrate that they were in any way responsible as this is an entirely separate component.  I have no details on what was actually done during the work (ie removed because was in the way etc) so I think I'm now on my own with this one.

I still don't believe in coincidence.

Offline Ex Mechanic

• Drives: DB9, XKR, Gallardo
I am a long time lover of the Gallardo, great little car with alot of power.
With my technical knowledge (ex mechanic) it sounds strange to blame a power steering repair on a fuel supply problem? If your fuel pump is cavitating like you explain, the pump is faulty internally, inside the fuel tank. How can the power steering hydraulic lines cause that?
You mentioned you only had half the engine, only 5 cylinders? Thats very strange as Gallardo only run a single supply pump to the engine, if that supply pump is cavitating in anyway your car would be on that back of a tow truck. Sounds to be like a electrical issue on that side of the engine or o2 sensor as prevously mentioned. Probably only needed a reset and a good drive.

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

eck, thats no good.  It was explained to me that there were 2 fuel pumps, one feeding each bank.  This isn't correct?