Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I've been thinking... instead of still searching for that elusive Diablo Roadster, I could use that money and the money that I would get from selling all my other cars, and buy a LP640. Roger's car is very tempting.

I might test the market in the very near future and see what happens.

Realistically, if I have a LP640, would I ever drive the other cars? I don't think so. Just being realistic.

S4s + 348 + Diablo = LP640?
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
 :scratchchin:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I really think you would have a hard time selling the S4s - there is just too much sentimental value attached.   :(

But then again you do have another one that will help you through the days you wished you hadn't sold it, maybe.     :scratchchin:

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I did the same thing quite a few years ago (not with the exotica you have or are buying) but got rid 3 of my cars to buy 1 & it was never the same again :( If I had my time again & the choice you have, I would not do do it! But that is a very tempting decision, as you say but not the hardest decision you will ever make as I think a lot of people wouldn't mind having that dilema :D 

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Let's go test drive Scud's car to see if that helps with the decision  :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Massive pillar of salt with my thoughts as usual... (just got home from being out drinking for 14 hours)

I would prefer the garage of 3-4 different purpose awesome cars if it's sustainable.

I can't possibly denigrate the LP640, but it's not the be-all/end-all car as it's still being developed, plus we adore the shape right now but who's to say this won't be a very "noughties" look when the next version comes out?

The Diablo roadster has always been a dream - and I think one worth fighting for.  No it's not as easy or "nice" etc to drive as a modern Lambo, I guess it depends where that desire wells from.  Sadly for me I remember a crappy video game around the time Doogie Howser was huge where they showed a brief video of a Diablo, for me that's my defining moment - I want one just to remember that moment as a kid looking at that car and thinking "holy fuckamoley I want that!" - and actually achieving it. 

Of course then it's just a chase for pussy. :p

This is a very 80's kid viewpoint, I've loved every minute in the LP640 - but every millisecond in the Countach is just sublime.  Personally, I don't have the "hero connection" with the Murcielago if you know what I mean.  I grew up fantasizing about the Countach and Diablo.  Got more to the point, later. :p

(note: I've only been pax in Murcis and Diablos)

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
id prefer to have the 3 than the 1
spread your risk
some asshole could run up the back of you, something mechanically could go wrong etc.
I figure if you have 2 other choices and that occurs, youre in a better position

Offline dkabab

i say sell them all and buy the lp640.... yeah you might regret it, but you will do it with a smile on your face

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
i say sell them all and buy the lp640.... yeah you might regret it, but you will do it with a smile on your face

Just ensure you sell the current collection to the AE "community" and then you won't lose touch with these loved ones.

Don't think of it as losing a car; think of it as gaining a driver.

Offline tentacles1

I've been thinking... instead of still searching for that elusive Diablo Roadster...

Just wondering if you have seen this one, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Lamborghini/Lamborghini/auction-250125015.htm. Been on the market for quite a while over there now, NZ is obviously missing enthusiasts such as yourself.

Maybe hang out for an LP640 roadster to pop up over here...