Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Sydney dealer told me that Scud's (old?) car has been or is on the verge of being sold last week. May have fallen through though if it's still online.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

ahhhh, sounds like a mission to help andecorp bring in the NZ open top is the go then! any special dispensations for NZ imports????
C'mon, do it!

Offline tentacles1

ahhhh, sounds like a mission to help andecorp bring in the NZ open top is the go then! any special dispensations for NZ imports????

Sounds like a challenge, no idea what the process entails though. I am a Kiwi myself (don't judge, living in Melbourne presently) and would be happy to help out in any way I can.

Offline allanuber

Now we're talking. This thread needs Mondi who's become the doyen of import rules...
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I hate to be the party pooper but importing from NZ is the same as any where else.

And the other bugger is: the Diablo has no RAWS listing which means there is no way to import one unless it's as a PI.

So, one way to get around this would be to live in NZ for a year and own the Diablo while you are there and bring it back as a PI.

Import rules Suck!!!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline allanuber

I hate to be the party pooper but importing from NZ is the same as any where else.

And the other bugger is: the Diablo has no RAWS listing which means there is no way to import one unless it's as a PI.

So, one way to get around this would be to live in NZ for a year and own the Diablo while you are there and bring it back as a PI.

Import rules Suck!!!!!

Can the chap who owns it now come across for a month and import the car at the same time?
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Can the chap who owns it now come across for a month and import the car at the same time?

I am not 100% on that one, but I think it is 12 months. I will have a talk to some one who is in the know next week.

I know that you can bring a car in if you are visiting as long as you take it back with you. Like a mate of mine from the USA who came over here for a 6 month holiday. He was allowed to bring in a personal car and drive it on a permit and special rego for the six months but when he went back so did the car, sort of, it actually went into a "static" private collection never to be rego'ed here ever. 

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I do have another idea - I still see a certain Yellow one around from time to time.

I have a little more leverage with some people now that I have become an Exotic owner, if you know what I mean.   :D 

Offline allanuber

Super. Go idea man, go!
C'mon, do it!