Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
Might as well throw up the results from yesterdays track running.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rUuoQJMkeM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rUuoQJMkeM</a>

First time I've bothered taking it out on the track, and compared to my old track cars, its fairly horrible.  ESP can't be switched entirely off, so it was interfering non stop generating no small amount of rage.  And I foolishly thought Pirelli Pzeros would be up for it.  What a horrible tyre.  Had Michelin super sports on the back, they were ok.

Doubt I'll bother taking it out again. 

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
great vid thanks for posting

it is great that you are out there. :thumbsup:

I am no expert and Have never been to EC but looked like you could have braked a lot later, this would then transfer more weight onto the front wheels helping the turn in and removing a bit of the push you get with AWD cars. It would have then allowed you to hit the apex slightly later and use the power and grip to pull you out.

there was a couple of single apex corners where you turned in and then slightly turned out and turned back in as you were hitting the apex to early. your turn in was also quite shallow as you were turning to early (I do the same thing  :doh:) Take 20m off your brake points and give it another go.

these would have added to the movement of the car under you and therefore not given you the confidence to go that much deeper under brakes to get the animal balanced during the initial turn in part.

it is all about the front of the car

but absolutely fantastic that you are out there  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

I looked at it again

your biggest problem is wearing a ferrari shirt in a lambo  :p

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

great vid thanks for posting

it is great that you are out there. :thumbsup:

I am no expert and Have never been to EC but looked like you could have braked a lot later, this would then transfer more weight onto the front wheels helping the turn in and removing a bit of the push you get with AWD cars. It would have then allowed you to hit the apex slightly later and use the power and grip to pull you out.

there was a couple of single apex corners where you turned in and then slightly turned out and turned back in as you were hitting the apex to early. your turn in was also quite shallow as you were turning to early (I do the same thing  :doh:) Take 20m off your brake points and give it another go.

these would have added to the movement of the car under you and therefore not given you the confidence to go that much deeper under brakes to get the animal balanced during the initial turn in part.

it is all about the front of the car

but absolutely fantastic that you are out there  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks mate.

I converted my car to RWD last year so it drives a little bit differently.  I would have liked to have taken some slightly different lines, things I do in my wtac car (1:35's around EC GP), however the ESP was the biggest problem.  The car has the bite to rotate enough to allow a later turn in point, but the ESP was constantly interfering on turn in, washing the nose out.   By braking later and turning in more sharply you as suggest using that weight transfer, this would have actually exacerbated the issue I was having, as that would have created a greater yaw rate and even larger interrupt from the ESP, which was braking the inside front wheel and outside rear to drag the car straight again.

So it was either slow right down to turn later, or turn a bit earlier to carry momentum and have the ESP leave me alone.  Were it fully off, things would have been quite a bit different.  Thanks Lamborghini! /s

Re braking points, I agree that later braking points were possible, but I get a bit nervous driving 200k around totally uninsured so was taking it easy into the corner.  Secondly, ESP uses the brakes to 'fix' what it thinks is wrong, so brake temps were getting too high to really rely on deep braking etc.

I like wearing Ferrari gear when I pass Ferraris.  :)  They dont like it.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

the rwd explains the slides,  :D

esp can play massive funny buggers.

I had the problem with my 911 turbo, when I got it wrong and confused it tried to help while I was trying to help and it kind of made it worse on the odd occasion and then I also had brake temp issues.

I bet you still had a massive grin

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

I do enjoy a good skid. 

If you're interested as to how I was feeling in the car, skip to 4:30 of this video.  Perfect illustration! haha

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyj8XxSp4BE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyj8XxSp4BE</a>