Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
It will be built on the upcoming Cayenne platform.

Yep Cayenne also shares that platform. Extract from motor authority website:

The new Cayenne is due out in 2017, as a 2018 model, and when it arrives it should offer improved dynamics, fuel efficiency and performance thanks to the SUV version of the Volkswagen Group’s MLB platform. The platform made its debut in the 2017 Audi Q7 and has since appeared in the 2017 Bentley Bentayga and 2018 Audi Q5. It will also appear in the next VW Touareg as well as Lamborghini’s Urus SUV.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

The platform must be adjustable because the Bentayga felt bigger than the Q7 and the Urus is smaller than the Q7.

Offline JBO

Yep and the Q5 is smaller than all of them. It's a fully modular platform. Massive cost savings for a company recovering from a rather large series of financial issues following a few little fibs about diesel emissions….
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

That's true, the Q5 is so much smaller, the platform was designed before the diesel scandal.

Offline JBO

They must have known what was coming !!!  :D

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Quote from: JBO link=topic= 5586.msg1649417#msg1649417 date=1481884861
They must have known what was coming !!!  :D

Always in saving money mode and lowering cost of production  :thumbsup:

Offline JBO

And….of course…I should have never posted that image.
I'll show myself out…

Update: Top Gear's editor-at-large was apparently somewhat mistaken. The vehicle that he photographed was not a real Urus test mule. A Lamborghini dealer in Nürnberg, Germany – about 103 miles (166 kilometers) north of Munich – created the model from a Q7 as a way to build buzz for the Urus.

Offline dkabab

Interestingly though, lambo posted a video this week about its v12 range.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inar4qP6HWk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inar4qP6HWk</a>

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

dkabab I think they are trying to create a buzz about the Aventador S

Offline dkabab

dkabab I think they are trying to create a buzz about the Aventador S

Yeah that's what I was getting at. But what's "new"?

Hybrid?

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics scud Today at 11:26
[ Off Topic ] and today you bought... 360c Today at 07:32
[ Cars ] Spotted thread 360c Today at 07:31
[ Gadgets and Technology ] CSIRO carbon fibre breakthrough Tiger Today at 04:08
[ Off Topic ] Newbies & lurkers - welcome to AE AE-DC Yesterday at 22:57
[ Lamborghini For Sale ] Lamborghini Aventadors for sale 9911 Yesterday at 19:29