Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
Have been disappointed with Lambo warranty so far. Hole in the front spoiler grill - apparently not covered as they said from a photo it is probably due to stone chips.... funny thing, car had not been driven anywhere apart from getting a car bra placed and then to the workshop. And never seen a stone "melt" the plastic. Loud rattles throughout the cockpit for a brand new car - due to poor sealing of trim and rubbing of trim against leather - not covered as only chassis and suspension are looked at under the manufacturers warranty.
Has anyone else had issues claiming warranty with Lambo Aust? Am worried about other problems should they arrive.
On a positive note - Porsche Center Adelaide has been excellent about it all, and fixed my rattles complimentary. Great service, and didn't charge me a cent.

Offline fivesix

On a positive note - Porsche Center Adelaide has been excellent about it all, and fixed my rattles complimentary. Great service, and didn't charge me a cent.

Seriously? On the Lambo?
That is fantastic...

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
so Porsche centre fixed your problem on the LP560?? or Porsche fixed the problem on your porsche?

I am thinking about buying extended warranty for the SL now since I really love the car and the carbon fibre bits.... really have to think hard about it... quite a bit of money to spend on the +2 or +3 years warranty

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I thought PC Adelaide had an arrangement with Lamborghini Australia to do warranty repairs (once authorised)?  I know that PCA does retail Lambo service work with LA's blessing and service manager Ben is an excellent guy.

I'm not sure how you are pursuing the warranty claims unless they have somehow seen the car - did you take it to Melbourne?

I've had no issues with Lamborghini Australia on warranty - I found them pretty excellent actually - but the car was in their workshop for them to see for themselves. 

In my experience with new high-end cars, the relationships you have or build with the dealer principal, service manager, service advisors and mechanics make all the difference.  Once the personal relationships are there, all manner of things are possible. With Ben in your corner, you'll be fine.

Good to hear you got the rattles fixed.   Perhaps we should round up a couple of others and go for a cruise soon to celebrate?  Wifey is off to Womad all weekend ........:D

Offline smileone96

Richie - PCA fixed the rattles on the 560, courtesy of Ben, after being told by Lambo Oz it would not be authorised/covered. MHH - Agreed re developing the personal relationships. Also happy with the thought of going for a cruise. Will ask a few of the guys as well to see if they are keen :) When are you thinking? Am working Sat Morn at this stage.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Richie - PCA fixed the rattles on the 560, courtesy of Ben, after being told by Lambo Oz it would not be authorised/covered.

That's a poor effort.  That will cost them more in bad publicity (like this) than they would have saved.  :thumbsdown:

MHH - Agreed re developing the personal relationships. Also happy with the thought of going for a cruise. Will ask a few of the guys as well to see if they are keen :) When are you thinking? Am working Sat Morn at this stage.

Saturday or Sunday afternoon are good for me.  I'm going to demand a short ride in the Spyder though to hear what it sounds like on board. :p

Offline smileone96

MHH it will be my pleasure ;) It appears that we have a go for Sat 12 noon, if anyone else is interested. Ee Wink, Tom and a few others will join us. I think we have 2 x430s, 1x599, and a few Porsches in addition to yourself and myself atm.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
MHH it will be my pleasure ;) It appears that we have a go for Sat 12 noon, if anyone else is interested. Ee Wink, Tom and a few others will join us. I think we have 2 x430s, 1x599, and a few Porsches in addition to yourself and myself atm.

Do a victory lap of Rundle and I'll get some birds-eye pics of the squadron. :p

Offline smileone96

Ash - Ee Wink will be very happy with your suggestion! ;)

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
I was very happy with Lambo's warranty response - however this was mainly around major items that had the car off the road rather than the things you would be concerned about as a new owner. We tended to ignore any NVH or trim issues until scheduled services. The SLG needed a new e-Gear pump and the Spyder had a few issues with the roof that were both (thankfully!) warranty supported. 

Occasionally things to a while to get done, but in all fairness most of this was due to parts shipping ex-Italy, and the fact that in SYD and BRIS, there is a single person responsible for the entire workshop.