Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Ahhh i'm waiting for my E-gear pump to go, apparently it happens to all of them at one time or another. Good thing my mechanic only changes the part that fails (the pump) and not the whole pump assembly and auxillaries like what Lambo dealer does. That brings the repair job cost from $25-$30k to $7-$9k.

The best warranty is to do your own homework incase warranty doesn't cover it. Also used car warranty is next to useless in most circumstances, no matter how good the used car dealer makes it sound. Worst comes to worse if they refuse warranty when it should be under warranty just start throwing "friends names" that work in the Department of Fair Trading, no one is scared of DFT untill you mention you have a mate working in it.

New car warranty is sometimes usefull, especially in high end cars.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
In my experience with new high-end cars, the relationships you have or build with the dealer principal, service manager, service advisors and mechanics make all the difference.  Once the personal relationships are there, all manner of things are possible.

Yup hit the nail on the head, sometimes even out of warranty stuff can get passed off as warranty, especially if you let them know you are thinking of buying a new car but not sure if you want to try the competitor.... Everyone is happy and chances are you will buy from them again because they kept you happy. Too bad Ferrari/Maserati Sydney doesn't see you as a customer, more so $$$$$ signs.
Enjoying Life!!!!