Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

She accepted that it would be cheaper than a mistress or a divorce.

Ha - she's right, my divorse cost me a Veyron , give or take.

Stick with it :thumbsup:

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
I can only comment on Gallardo and Superleggera.... my Gallardo was a 6spd and the superleggera is an e-gear... 6spd is as easy :)... they are very easy to drive, no hard works required... just like driving a extra lowered and wider bimmer if that makes sense...

richie

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

No one would know on this forum anymore.....it's been infested with 13 year olds who just spend their mornings, nights & weekends looking for them to photograph :rolleyes: :p

I agree. The joint has gone downhill.  :thumbsdown:

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
I can only comment on Gallardo and Superleggera.... my Gallardo was a 6spd and the superleggera is an e-gear... 6spd is as easy :)... they are very easy to drive, no hard works required... just like driving a extra lowered and wider bimmer if that makes sense...

richie

Don't you mean Audi  :D

Granted new stuff is very easy to drive.

We were commenting the other day whilst in a luxury 80's car, how much better cars are these days.

I had a couple of 80's benz's in those years and they seemed so smooth and powerful.

Generally - Today engines last longer, and less goes wrong with them

Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
don't have much experiences with Audi before until now... but plenty with BMWs...

Good experience so far :)

richie

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

For those of us that havent had the opportunity to actually drive a Lambo, can some describe the experience.

Are they harsh ?, are they easy ?, how is the visibility for the driver ?

How are they be in traffic ?

I'll take one out one day but i'd like to hear from those that know.

Here's my take....

No, they aren't harsh but they aren't luxurious either. Firm is probably the best word. (I'm talking primarily my own experience here in older Gallardos and the LP640.)

At low speeds, they are fairly heavy in the steering, and at all speeds they have strong self-centering. You need to hang on to the wheel tight when cornering or it will straighten up on you in a flash. Tight, winding roads can be difficult due to blindspots caused by the location of the A pillars and a feeling that you are wrestling a car that feels heavier than it is. The general feel - compared to say a Porsche or modern Ferrari - at moderate speeds is slightly wooden with less steering feel and an engine that would prefer more speed. As speeds rise - especially over the speed limit - the feel improves and the car becomes much happier. At high speed - say over 130 in the G or over 150 in the Murci - it all comes together, with a great engine/exhaust noise, tight steering, flat handling, great ride and lots of thrust. On the right road, on the right day, it is a mind-blowing, life-affirming experience

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
Although not as experienced as mhh, I would say that in the manual 06 Gallardo, I love the sound in the higher revs in first and second. However, if you are getting an older one like mine, make sure it has a lift kit. Driving around the suburbs is a pain, especially anywhere that has bumps and drains. It is annoying when one is always slowing down to snails pace, approaching at sharp angles, having to find flattened entries to car parks, and even getting into driveways becomes an unpleasant challenge, and a disheartening experience when you hear the scrape of car onto road/concrete. Found it difficult to park when I first started, and the turning circle wider then expected. The poor visibility behind/over the shoulder was a challenge too initially. But out on the open road, it makes it all worthwhile. I love it. The engine note, the feel, the stability is uncomparable.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ok thanks everyone, I wouldn't take one out unless I was at least half interested in buying so your insights are great. :thumbsup:

I couldn't handle the lack of visibility, just changing lanes would be a nightmare I imagine.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
I couldn't handle the lack of visibility, just changing lanes would be a nightmare I imagine.

you soon learn to have faith and instincts.

who cares anyway...the traffic is generally along way behind you when you change lanes.
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Ok thanks everyone, I wouldn't take one out unless I was at least half interested in buying so your insights are great. :thumbsup:

I rarely had a problem with lane changing.  The mirrors give you full coverage if combined.  Reverse parking requires care. Lambos badly need a mirror that tilts when reverse is engaged - I used to tilt mine manually every time to avoid kerbing a wheel.  I had a camera fitted to the Murci which was handy for taking the guesswork out of distance.

They aren't a car for popping down to the shops.  Every outing is an event - whether you like it or not, you attract a lot of attention for one thing.  A good test of their suitability is to ask yourself how often you wash your car.  If the answer is often because you like your car to look good, you'll like owning a Lambo.  If you are happy to drive a dirty car, you see your car as mostly transport (and a Lambo isn't just transport) then you'll wonder what the fuss is all about. 

But more to the point, if you are just thinking about it, it means it isn't for you.  If you've just got to have one, you will.

BTW, smileone96 has reminded me about the stability.  They are the most planted car you'll ever drive.  (I'm talking modern Lambos because I know nothing before the Gallardo).