Offline efast

Lamborghini melbourne seems to be much more popular than Lamborghini sydney, although i wasn't sure why.

So i went to lambo sydney in Darlinghurst today to take a look.

Upon arrival to their new dealership shop next to Ferrari, i see an empty shop with a sign that tells me to goto their service center, which is about 600m away. I followed the signs and went off the main road, and took me 10 minutes to find their service center. In fact i had to knock on someone's door and asked them where their service center is, and then they helped me to locate it. It was a white building with no signs, 3 closed doors, and a garage door that's rolled up.

The thing is, that place didn't fit the theme to buy a Lamborghini. I saw hookers walking on the street (waving to every male passing her), old houses everywhere, and construction going on, while trying to set the mood of going to buy a Lamborghini.

Their service center's doors are elevated, which means you have to step up to get in, and all their doors are shut, with no signs or anything indicating its Lamborghini. I took a look from their garage door, which from outside you can see a Murcielago and a Spyder, and a couple of others in the back. The place is unwelcoming and has no reception.

My first impression was this is the worst dealership i have ever seen. Apart from the stylish cars, i really didn't feel comfortable in that area in general. Darlinghurst is very similar to Kings's Cross, which has plenty of drugs and prostitutions going on. Also, I didn't really felt safe parking my Lexus there as well.

So, should i goto Melbourne?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I don't know much about Sydney, but as I recall (perhaps wrongly) I think their dealership is still being setup so that might account for the jumbles, but if it's in as bad an area as you say it doesn't sound too inviting.

The Melbourne showroom is pretty cool, a dozen or so Lambos just lounging around in a semi-clinical open-plan fish-tank.

Which car are you in the market for?

Offline efast

I like the gallardo spyder, for its styling and being a convertible. Also part of the reason i chose the Spyder over the hard top is because there's plenty of second hand Gallardo hard-tops for sale, but i haven't seen any Spyder for sale , which means at least whoever bought it still liked it afterwards. Secondly I believe Clarkson also brought one, which further makes me think Spyder would be the choice.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I like the gallardo spyder, for its styling and being a convertible. Also part of the reason i chose the Spyder over the hard top is because there's plenty of second hand Gallardo hard-tops for sale, but i haven't seen any Spyder for sale , which means at least whoever bought it still liked it afterwards. Secondly I believe Clarkson also brought one, which further makes me think Spyder would be the choice.

mmmmmmm...yes....indeed

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Sydney showroom is under construction - not the best look for sure, but a temporary inconvenience.  In early January, I drove by the old showroom to find it demolished and then drove to William Street to see what you saw.  Don't feel too bad about the modest surroundings - if it is flash, you are the one paying for it.

The reason the coupe is more common used is because they were making them long before the Spyder was released.  There are a couple for sale on carsales.com.au. 

Melbourne and Sydney are owned by the same company so you should give them a call in Melbourne.  Ask for Jeff or Tom.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Secondly I believe Clarkson also brought one, which further makes me think Spyder would be the choice.

Well, not a reason I would have listed as pivotal, but a nice choice nonetheless.

Offline efast

there's always the F430 Spider on the other hand, but i think there's too many Ferraris in Sydney. Personally i think the Spyder looks more aggressive, and you get to pick different colours with a lambo.

Offline waz356

then there's the sound it makes. imagine a spyder through the tunnels.  :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

then there's the sound it makes. imagine a spyder through the tunnels.  :thumbsup:

slow to download, but this is one of the best vids i've seen in a while.  watch for the bit where they point the camera backwards, sensational stuff!  :cool:

<a href="http://www.123video.nl/123video_share.swf?mediaSrc=83812" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.123video.nl/123video_share.swf?mediaSrc=83812</a>