Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Not a lot of interest atm, bidding is only up to $7k.   :scratchchin:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hmmmmm.

It has ended, $20k no reserve so it sold, unless he talked his way out of it somehow.   :?

Offline dkabab

maybe the wife keeps selling it, and he keeps buying it back

Offline Spudster

Hey guys,

I am a new subscriber to this forum but have been looking for Esprits like this for some time. Has anyone actually 'seen' this car yet? As you all have noted - it is back up on ebay which alarm bells should be ringing - is the seller unrealistic or is the car just riddled with issues. I narrowly missed out on the recent red '83 [that was advertised on this site] and it needed a third piston/engine rebuild but sold for $14K!

Offline Spudster

Also forgot mention that is now at $13950, but like ash has mentioned previously, does look a little ratty

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Hey guys,

I am a new subscriber to this forum but have been looking for Esprits like this for some time. Has anyone actually 'seen' this car yet? As you all have noted - it is back up on ebay which alarm bells should be ringing - is the seller unrealistic or is the car just riddled with issues. I narrowly missed out on the recent red '83 [that was advertised on this site] and it needed a third piston/engine rebuild but sold for $14K!

Don't be fooled by the low entry prices into some of these ratty Esprits. ANYTHING on an Esprit is big $. Any of these ratty cars would need $20k+ just be drivable properly. I always laugh at how much cheaper my Ferrari parts are than my Esprit parts.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I always laugh at how much cheaper my Ferrari parts are than my Esprit parts.

Now you tell me!!!   :p

So the cheap $14k one has sold?? It needed a whole lot of work on the body and a full engine rebuild, if the owners comments were in fact true.

This one has ended again!! for $18,877.77 - wonder if we will see it listed yet again.  :scratchchin:

Offline Spudster

Yep, I kept a keen eye on the auction during the final minutes and the numbers jumped from around 15k to the magic 1877777.878787 in the dying seconds.

Still intrigued to see whether it pops up again or whether is a done deal.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I offered him $20k for it months ago, and was told that it sold for $28k.  :rolleyes:

From what I heard about the car(second hand info I got), you could live with the paint if some of it was cleaned up and there had been quite a lot of money spend on mechanicals - but you would have to check that out big time first, of course.

It is also a PI(private import) so there will be lots of issues there as well.