Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Its sounding like a very confused car then!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
$32k - hope it's less pink than the photos indicate :tilt:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Lotus-Esprit-1988-Sport-Car_W0QQitemZ150223271070QQihZ005QQcategoryZ35227QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lotus Esprit 1988 , 67000 kms, Excellent condition , Festidious owner . For sale or exchange for the

following : Harley Vrod , BMW K1200LT , BMW R1200RT , BMW 1200ST , Ducati ST3 or the likes

in near new and low kms . Cash balance either way .

$ 32 000

rego no  - ESP88T

Phone John on 44552133 or 44553717 after hours .

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
$32k - hope it's less pink than the photos indicate :tilt:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Lotus-Esprit-1988-Sport-Car_W0QQitemZ150223271070QQihZ005QQcategoryZ35227QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's got front and rear US bumpers/indicators, not Aust/Euro. And yeah, let's hope it's only the pics, that the car is not really that pink.
Remember when I said to you in the past that the market is littered with questionable cars, and that correct cars are very far in between?

Offline Wiz.au

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/LOTUS/ESPRIT/Victoria/csn5300674.aspx

$55k - lose the plates... and kid. :p

It's an '88 (dished rear wheels give it away, C35 gearbox, inboard brakes.)

And after looking carefully at the wing I know what he's done now.
At first I thought it was a custom job modelled from photos and a cut-up SE wing.
But I can see now he's put a MidMount S4 wing on it, but because it's an '88 "GlassBack" he's had to mount it much lower to avoid the glass.

FYI: My "Esprit Wings" Webpage:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~grsmith/esprit/wings/

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/LOTUS/ESPRIT/Victoria/csn5932646.aspx

Last Update   24-Jun-2008
Vehicle   1985 LOTUS ESPRIT Turbo
Colour   Red
Interior Colour   Tan Leather
Body   2 door 2 seat COUPE
Transmission   5 speed Manual
Drive type   Rear
Engine   4 cylinder Petrol Turbo 2.2L (2170cc)
Kms   70000
Miles   43400
Price   $28,000*
Price Denomination   AUD
Registration Expiry   JUN-2009
Registration number   SHB748
Road Worthy Certificate   No
Vehicle ID   5743685
Short Description   Best example of this awesome supercar. Fully restored with no expense spared. No room at new home.
Description   This is a beautiful example of one of the fastest cars in it's day. Purchased 5 years ago, it has been fully restored including new electrics, clutch, reconditioned turbo, head gasket, cd player, immobiliser/alarm. Parts shipped in from Lotus.

This car has brought me much joy on the open road during it's period as my monthly getaway drive.

For sale far below it's value as I am moving to a new place and do not have room to store it.
Make no mistake, the Lotus Turbo Esprit was not just a slightly modified Esprit, nor just an easy and conventional way of gaining incremental sales for Lotus. In the Hethel scheme of things it was very important and technically very significant, if only for the fact that it was chosen to spearhead a new assault on the United States market in 1983. It is tempting to suggest that if only Lotus had been able to give the car a different body style, they would certainly have been justified in giving it an entirely different name as well. Under the skin, which was extensively retouched by Giugiaro, there was a new chassis-frame, new rear suspension, new aerodynamic features and a turbocharged version of the 2.2-litre 16-valve engine, which produced no less than 210bhp. For this amazing car, Lotus claimed a top speed of 152mph ?and it meant that they had produced their first true Supercar. By any engineering standards, the Turbo Esprit was, and is, a phenomenal motor car.

Name   Alastair
Country   Australia
State   Victoria
Suburb   Glen Iris
Post Code   3146
Mobile   0413136555

goober

nice car..........when it grows up it may become a GT4!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

nice car..........when it grows up it may become a GT4!

I'd love to try one, see how the old ones drive.  The ~'95 Esprit S4s is an astonishing car, if it's half as good as that then it won't have many contemporary rivals.

goober

I'd love to try one, see how the old ones drive.  The ~'95 Esprit S4s is an astonishing car, if it's half as good as that then it won't have many contemporary rivals.

talk about a bitsa, and i thought the GT4 and Urraco/ Marek were bad

As with many of their cars, Lotus used parts from other cars to cut down development costs.
Esprits before 1993 have many British Leyland parts and after 1993 have many GM (Vauxhall, Opel) parts. G Esprits have CitroŽn gearboxes as found in the CitroŽn DS and CitroŽn SM, while S Esprits (With the exception of the 1988 North American Market Esprit SE which still had the CitroŽn style gearbox) have Renault UN1 gearboxes.
The door handles come from Morris Marina / Austin Allegro and were kept until the S4 model in 1994 when instead GM Calibra door handles were used.
Early models used a Momo steering wheel, later ones had the same as the Pontiac Trans Am.
Until 2002 it had rectangular Toyota rear lights from the 1985 Toyota Trueno/Sprinter and RWD Toyota Corolla Coupť, later replaced with the same round light as the Lotus Elise II.
The aerial mount and whip on the S4 and V8 is the same as the GM Calibra and Tigra.
The side mirrors are from the CitroŽn CX.
Non SE foglamps from about 1989 are GM Astra mk1.
The fan motors come from the Ford Fiesta mk2.
The alternator on the V8 models is a standard GM unit also found in the V6 GM Omega or the Lotus / GM Lotus Carlton which also provides many of the interior plastic fittings such as door handles and steering column.
The clutch slave cylinder on the 98 onwards models is the same as a series 2A Landrover from Girling as is the master cylinder.
The front suspension came from the Opel Ascona.
Front GT3 Brake Pads (Brembo) are the same as on a Fiat Coupe turbo or a Peugeot 406 3.0 v6.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

• Drives: MB SLK230 - VW 3.6 CC
I thought you didn't like kit cars Ash.