Offline wiz043

I have been looking at this ad for some time and was hoping to go and have a look at the car. Problem is it is in Forster, NSW which is about 5.5 hours from my home in the Wollongong area.
It appears to be in good nick bodywise and only has 107,0000km approx and appears to be stock standard.

Is there a member in the Forster area who could possibly check it out for me or does anyone know anything about the car?

I would be happy to go and inspect it if you guys thought it was worthwhile as I know these cars are rare.

Based on the ad what are your thoughts?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

e-mail is chris043@bigpond.com

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Lotus-Elan-1995/SSE-AD-2122738/?Cr=2

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Arrange a PPI straight up that they can get the car to. Saving you time, travel, money and gives some peace of mind for yourself. Probably best to get one done anyway. This should also reassure the seller you are serious about purchasing.

Worth a go... just my 2 cents. All the best.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Interesting thought.  :scratchchin:

Obviously at some stage of its life the car's either had front end damage or a respray as...

The front indicators are in backwards.

... And I thought this only happened on Esprits  :doh:
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline cjay

I'd love to take a look for you, shame I'm in Brisbane :(

It's one of the few S2's I have not seen. It looks like it has been looked after, the interior is in good shape as well.

PM me if you have any Elan questions, I have lots of Elan stuff stuck in my head :)

Offline wiz043

Interesting thought.  :scratchchin:

Obviously at some stage of its life the car's either had front end damage or a respray as...

The front indicators are in backwards.

... And I thought this only happened on Esprits  :doh:

Yeah that was really my only concern. The front headlight gaps and bonnet panels seem to be out a bit which may indicate a front ender at some stage.

Offline schmik325

Looks tidy, have a look for rust though, Forster is on the beach and the cars' been there 4 years.

Offline cjay

Not much rust in the fiberglass ;)

If you have a look pull up the carpet in the footwells the rails can rust if they roof has let lots of water in :(

Offline schmik325

Offline wiz043

I'd love to take a look for you, shame I'm in Brisbane :(

It's one of the few S2's I have not seen. It looks like it has been looked after, the interior is in good shape as well.

PM me if you have any Elan questions, I have lots of Elan stuff stuck in my head :)

I bought one of these locally a few months ago but recently got an offer for it too good to refuse so I sold it, and then I noticed this one which appears to be in better nick than the one I sold so I have got the bug again.

Wife thinks I am crazy.....boys & their toys.    :D :D

Offline benjaminc

• Drives: November 1988 (89MY) Lotus Esprit Turbo
I bought one of these locally a few months ago but recently got an offer for it too good to refuse so I sold it, and then I noticed this one which appears to be in better nick than the one I sold so I have got the bug again.

Wife thinks I am crazy.....boys & their toys.    :D :D

If you look back at the black s2 thread note I'm still here, waiting, cash in hand for a black s2 in any condition.....anyone know their whereabouts?  I know of only three in the country.  No idea where they went arb48l is no longer in nsw.