Online andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
i had a yellow S4s Speedmaster edition.

would be a small world if that was my car... 

looks super

I've had this car since new.

What you must have owned, was one of the 6 GT3S (speedmaster) cars, only one yellow in Aust, which would have been yours.

Apart from being made to look like an S4s, those cars had nothing in common with the S4s. They were just old unsaleble UK stock of the GT3 (bottom of the range Esprit) and Lotus Aust brought them in, slapped S4s wheel arches, wing and wheels on them and called them GT3S(peedmaster). The Smiths used to pull a lot of tricks like this when they had the Lotus importing rights.
Sorry...

For comparison, these were the new list prices for the Aust del cars available here:

GT3 - AU$139k (very few in Aust as they were a dud)
GT3s - AU$169k (6 in Aust)
S4 - AU$199k (lots in Aust)
V8 - AU$199k (tons in Aust)
S4s - AU$221k + options (16 in Aust)
S300 - AU$264k + options (3 in Aust)
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

S4s - AU$221k + options (16 in Aust)

16 hey, hmmmmm in that case we have 1/8th of them.  :cool:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Soooo, how did the Lotus weekend go????
Clean up again Andecorp???

I really wanted to get there on Sunday but Ballarat was a hugely long day on Saturday and spent yesterday and most of today marshaling VW's.   :)

I guess we will see some highlights later, Ash????

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Just doing the pics now, only uploaded half a dozen - my interwebs account got maxxed out so I'm shaped until later in the week :(

For the sake of being on-topic...

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Online andecorp

I still don't know the results of the concourse as I had to return home for the daughter and nobody called me up yet since the presentation dinner.

Winton was a dissapointment.

I only did 5 timed laps, and the best I got was 1.19. Winton is simply too tight a track for her. The only times I got out of 2nd gear was for a couple of seconds at the end of the 'straights'.
OK, I never been at Winton before, and while the warmp up session was really good and everything was flowing well, for some reason I was really off during the timed laps - couldn't co-ordinate myself properly and wasn't 'flowing'. Surely, spending more time there to learn the track better and getting the right frame of mind to make it all flow, will make me shave quite a few seconds, but I don't believe I can drop much if any below 1.10.

Also, only did 5 laps as the brake fluid got so hot, I lost brakes. Strange as she did 20 laps or so with no issues during warm up. Also, I would track her all day at other circuits with no issues either. I was told that Winton is hardest out of any track on any brakes, but I think this is ridiculous.
Anyway, once she cooled down, she was fine and no issues at all on the drive back to Melb. I didn't bother going back on the track again though as I saw no point in stressing her for something that she is not suited for.

When I lost the brakes, coming into turn 1, I felt them roughen up big time, next two corners she got worst and then the pedal went to the floor. Next corner was the hairpin at the back, so the only way to stop her was to spin her. I was rather proud of the spin as I got her to stop exactly where I wanted her to, still on the tarmac. Then I just nursed her back in the pits.

Ash has lots of pics from the concourse as well as the track, including a frame by frame spin of yours truly. As well as the ninja pics  :D
Apart from the usual inferiority complex shown by most Elise owners, it was an enjoyable weekend.

Online andecorp

I won the concours.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ash has lots of pics from the concourse as well as the track, including a frame by frame spin of yours truly.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
well done on the concourse!

ah, so you only did the short lap.... I've never run a car on the short lap so have no real idea what a lap time should be.

Brakes? err... Calder and Sandown are the tracks especially hard on brakes. Winton uses them frequently but there is never any high speeds to slow from... If your brakes fail at Winton don't even bother going to Calder or Sandown! You'll just hurt yourself!

What fluid type and how old?

Offline Iggy_Type_R

I won the concours.

Hey well done !!! :)

By your winton time, I am guessing you were doing the short track? :)

I had the brake pedal on teh floor and no effect coming off the main straight intot he S bend once... that was fun! My mechanic forgot abuot the Dot5.1 fluid that I gave him to put int he 350Z at the time, and he just put in normal fuild. Grrrr.

I've found that Motul Dot 5.1 is the best fluid for brakes and track. Used them in my Type R and then in the 350z. Never any problems.