Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Was on the way to Regency to get it checked for rego transfer to SA and got caught up with Les half way, ended up on the hoist at Abarth Motors for a sticky-beak.

Took a bit of manouevering to figger out how to hoist it without ending up with a Lotus on it's arse incident...

Flat bottom cars make the rockin' world go round.

Naca rage!

Dragan (grease monkey) reckons it looks brand new around the shoes.

Ran out of time for Regency - next time...

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Nar, it's all good. If you lift it on those points there is no problems at all. But that hoist looks like it wouldn’t work anyway. 

Rubber Hockey pucks are perfect if you need to ever put it on stands. If you can get a bloody jack under it.    :p

Oh - spare set of keys arrived today and I forgot to tell you that the original exhaust is at the workshop as well.

It's bloody clean under there!!!   :thumbsup:

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I found this for your new harnesses too! :D

See....Mark guilted me already...............I'm sorry for being frivolous! :melting:

Always Gunna

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Good thread  :thumbsup: but FFS get an iPhone or something - or is it just the lighting?  I've seen better images from a pinhole camera.  This event is worth recording properly. :)

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Even the BH photos were washed out from Ash's phone.

From the One XL.  And on Low Res.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I found this for your new harnesses too! :D

See....Mark guilted me already...............I'm sorry for being frivolous! :melting:

Put it back!!!!    :hissyfit:

Offline bbb

I'd feel more comfortable having my Lotus jacked up from those points as they do tend to be rear heavy....

The other thing to watch is jacking inside the stickered jacking points (in towards centre of car) as it is just an aluminum sheet plate that goes under the driver/passenger compartment. Happened to my Elise, I lifted up the carpet and it looked like someone had punched the floor, as in an Iron Man punch or something...lucky it did not pierce the floor as it is a sealed part of the chassis and Lotus states not repairable.
Some Lotus have been written off from hitting rocks/braches on the hwy and it bouncing up and piercing the floor/tub. I used to swerve around any objects just to be safe, at least you easily can in them at speed, great fun car!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Good thread  :thumbsup: but FFS get an iPhone or something - or is it just the lighting?  I've seen better images from a pinhole camera.  This event is worth recording properly. :)

Design fault, the lens stands proud of the case on the back, so after 8 months of whacking it on tables and stuff the whole thing is scratched up - it *used* to be a good camera. I'll drop into Virgin and see if I can get it upgraded.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'd feel more comfortable having my Lotus jacked up from those points as they do tend to be rear heavy....

The other thing to watch is jacking inside the stickered jacking points (in towards centre of car) as it is just an aluminum sheet plate that goes under the driver/passenger compartment. Happened to my Elise, I lifted up the carpet and it looked like someone had punched the floor, as in an Iron Man punch or something...lucky it did not pierce the floor as it is a sealed part of the chassis and Lotus states not repairable.
Some Lotus have been written off from hitting rocks/braches on the hwy and it bouncing up and piercing the floor/tub. I used to swerve around any objects just to be safe, at least you easily can in them at speed, great fun car!!!

:scared: :scared:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Design fault, the lens stands proud of the case on the back, so after 8 months of whacking it on tables and stuff the whole thing is scratched up - it *used* to be a good camera. I'll drop into Virgin and see if I can get it upgraded.

They were supposed to have a replacement back for the S2 that fixed that problem.....    :scratchchin: