Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
For those not aware (I wasn't until today) there are now TWO other AE's.

I don't know all the politics behind it, but thought for any Elise/Exige owners that poke around here it might be worth knowing.

Two different stories:

Old site: http://www.aussie-elises.com/threads/8567-AE1-My-Preferred-Choice

New site: http://aussieelises.com/index.php?/topic/70-the-truth-behind-aussie-elises-to-inform-your-decision-making

I'd rather not have a flame/politics war incited - but if any folks who are closer to the action want to give a friendly Colin's Notes of the situation it'd be appreciated.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Yeah, got the email saying there was a new address, haven't been on in ages, so would be interesting to see what happened.

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: Lotus Evora S
Basically from what I understand....

www.aussieelises.com was started by one bloke and the site was hosted by another bloke.

They eventually had a fight about moderators and other things, so...

So www.aussieelises.com went off and found a new host. The old host got shitty and decided to start www.aussie-elises.com which retained a lot (if not all) of the old content.

So www.aussieelises.com is the original guys with the same intent etc. and www.aussie-elises.com is the new one. Both even look and feel the same. Some people are not even sure which is which.

In fact, I'm not even sure which is which.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Im confused too, as not only did the new site start but the old site upgraded to the same software and graphics at the same time.

However the gist I think is backward from what you mentioned, only partially...

A-E is the old one with all the content, but run by so-called "dicktatorship" (whistles...) with reduced user privs unless you pay subscription, and apparently poorly admin'd so Ashton (whom I've met) started AE from scratch to have an open community.

The thing with the URL, best I can figger is the Geoff guy (dicktator) had the databases but someone else owned the domain - so he rehosted it as A-E.

This may all be incorrect. :?

Would like to hear from Alec for a sensible view of things.

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: Lotus Evora S
Your're right...

www.aussieelises.com is Ashton's

www.aussie-elises.com is the "dicktatorship" one

I tried to say this but didn't very well, but from what I understand all the old content is on "dicktatorship" one???

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I used to post on Aussie-Elises, but stopped after their troubles in the new year (more than anything, was just very confused). Did want to swing by and pick their brains, but they seem to have totally vanished

Yeah - I don't get it either, the brief version of events that we could uncover is here:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lotus/aussie-elises-discussion-forums-t6098.0.html

Welcome to the other other AE. :cool:

Offline DavidEvo

Without wanting to sound dense, and my apologies for intruding – but could anybody fill me in as to the fate of that place Aussie-Elises.com?

Will post a little something introducing myself soon, (supposed to be writing an essay at the moment), this seems a nice little corner of the internet, would be good to stick about if you’ll have me.

David

Offline DavidEvo

Actually, I take this back... Ash has just filled me in :)

David

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Actually I just went had a brief scan of the sites again - it seems http://www.aussieelises.com/ is now the "official" site and the politics BS etc is done with.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

It says account suspended when I go there today. Wonder if it's anything to do with the godaddy malarky...