Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Finally stayed in Adelaide long enough to get everything done needed to stick it up for sale.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/lotus-europa-2007-13662570

Wasnt sure if it was ok to use any of Daves photos so have used mostly photos I took whilst standing alongside him :)

The details / comments is long, but then since its the only one in Australia for sale I thought I might need to actually explain what the hell it is.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/lotus-europa-2007-13662570

I just racked up 43,000km yesterday. :cool:

Good luck with it, price seems good, unfortunately you just gotta find that guy who wants one of these. I'd be interested to know just how "Lotussy" it drives.

Offline blackr35

Is it as 'go karty' as the Elise? It's a little bit heavier, a bit more powerful, seems similarly spartan though?

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
well, its 100kg heavier which on cars that weigh under 1000kg is a lot

being in the right gear is probably less important as theres no second cam

max torque in the europa is 300 Nm vs I think 185Nm in the Elise R even though the HP is about the same, although I think I have the SE flash but theres no way to tell!

I think I have bigger wheels? 17 inch all around, much much skinnier on the front but I have fitted slightly wider tyres now, so that probably effects handling somewhat.

I do like the way the Toyota motor revs its head off compared to my GM sourced motor
having a car that sounds fast is a big plus

When I got it, rarity was a plus for me, and also a roof. I was also interested in an elise with a hard top until the Europa came along.

I drove to angaston and back through the hills today to make sure all was fine with it, charge the battery, and also to heat cycle the brakes otherwise they scream and howl

It needs a good wash now.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I would dump the first photo. It looks like it's been resprayed and the panels dont match up.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline dkabab

Feel free to use any of my photos. Good luck with the sale

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
well, its 100kg heavier which on cars that weigh under 1000kg is a lot

As someone who has owned nothing but sub-tonne vehicles for the past decade, I concur. There's actually a big difference to it's spriteliness even with a chick pax.

being in the right gear is probably less important as theres no second cam

Well, it's not about the cam as such, it's about the torque - which the R doesn't have. Say you're at highway speed in top gear - in your car you can probably dab your foot and get a decent thrust, in mine if you try to overtake you're gunna just bog. 4th is a "nice" overtaking gear, but 3rd is perfect - however slightly rude and a *little* risky as it SCREAMS and sends you hurtling very quickly to jail time.

Here's why you have to drive the 111R/Exige like a motorbike - the second cam is quite addictive... :hyper:

I do like the way the Toyota motor revs its head off compared to my GM sourced motor
having a car that sounds fast is a big plus

This has always been a big thing for me, even back with my X1/9s, I always had so much fun just thrashing them at "low" speeds. The X1/9 has no rev limiter - I swear I've "clocked" it a few times... :o

If you're ever around for more than three hours lemme know, I'd love to compare the cars once and for all.