Offline BigD

Well done westyexotics on the purchase. That yellow V8 has the drool factor.  :thumbsup:

Earlier this year I got a quote from Lumleys for my Esprit to see how much difference to my Shannons insurance with agreed value. Lumleys said they normally would only do glass book (rather than red book) value which meant my Esprit was worth sub $30K! After discussion on wanting agreed value, they did state due to low km's and if in good condition with photo graphic proof they may increase the value but probably not to what I wanted as agreed. Too much pain for no gain then.

I also noticed that my Shannons value had gone down a few grand on last renewal. Seems that Shannons say agreed value, but also said Lotus are hefty on depreciation and adjust that agreed value! So something to watch on the yearly renewal to verify what that have the agreed value set to...it may not be what you think it is (but easy enough to bump it back up).

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Red books is on drugs, as is most of the valuation information.

They take average sell prices, so if 2 examples sold in a 12 month period, one for $100k and the other for $10k the valuation for that year would be somewhere in the middle. So if a bunch of shit boxes sell it will bring the valuation down.

This happens with Esprits all the time hence the screwed up pricing. If you want a good one then ya just have to pay the extra $$$$$$$s.

What the valuation does not pick up is how much the new owner spends to sort the car out. Just have a talk to Paul.......

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
That wasn't an offer they made. I've since found a guy on fchat who just insured his glass 308GTB for $200k with shannons. go figure!

Still looking into it.

After a stern email, and mentioning the above, Shannon's have come to the party.

Hooray.
I love my car. Buy your own