Offline Reflex

Hi

Iím looking at buying an 04+ Elise or Exige, mainly for a weekend/track day car. Iíve been researching for a bit now and was just interested in opinions from people who actually own them!

I like the price of the Elise more but I also like a roof, and the performance of the Exige.

Can anyone point out any obvious differences/speeds around a track that I might have missed from wiki etc?

I currently have an 05 wrx with mostly handling mods.

Thanks all!

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
I've had an S1, 111R and now an Exige.

Get a 2004/2005 111R. Buy a hard top. Modify suspension. Supercharge it if you want to. Cheapest option and fun to modify it on the way through.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Offline Reflex

I was wondering when you get it supercharged, does it end up as good as factory or is it a bit of a nightmare (like turboing cerrtain Nissan motors can be) and $$?

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Aftermarket supercharging is tried and proven. Simply Sports Cars in Sydney do a great version. The aftermarket versions can actually be better than the factory versions due the fact that the CPUs can be mapped without the need for emissions and other stuff. Give Lee a call there. HP ranges from 220 - 450 bhp from memory.

Offline Rickjames

I've had an S1, 111R and now an Exige.

Get a 2004/2005 111R. Buy a hard top. Modify suspension. Supercharge it if you want to. Cheapest option and fun to modify it on the way through.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Spot on!

I ran a 111S (rover engined). If i was hunting for another Lotus I'd go a 111r, I think they look better, they have a  rear window and you can buy a hard top for them (if they don't already have them). They also look awesome with a GUT body kit (rear wing and front splitter).
The only thing that would stop me buying an Elise is seeing Coatesies Krypton Exige is for sale. 55k?? Yes Please!
Having said that there seem to be a few very nice Exiges for sale at the moment.

Awesome cars, get to know Lee @ SSC and begin the modding!

Great luck with the hunt!

Offline bbb

Agree with everything above. I had a Rover powered Elise which i put over 100,000km on it 2 years, amazing car.
Still have an Exige that was supercharged by SCS in the family. Amazing power, stupidily reliable and great fun. I still prefer the handling and balance of my old Elise over the Exige which is why a 111R is a great mix of both.