Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
an S1 would be cool, 

anyone know about the one on carsales at the moment?

i personally cant seem to get past a certain copper coloured car.  Not an S1 but gorgeous nevertheless

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
an S1 would be cool, 

anyone know about the one on carsales at the moment?

i personally cant seem to get past a certain copper coloured car.  Not an S1 but gorgeous nevertheless

There was an identical copper one fully restored for sale not long ago. It was priced well too.

The s1 on carsales - it's a non runner. The seller took it for a cam belt change (major service) to a nobody/chain mechanic, who took it apart and then didn't know how to put it back together. That was many years ago. The car is still the same, in pieces. The seller reckons that it was running fine before. Yeah, ok... It could be an absolute money pit.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
There was an identical copper one fully restored for sale not long ago. It was priced well too.

damn that would be a dream, but theres nothing for sale in Esprit terms at the moment.

have to offload the TT now anyway.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
damn that would be a dream, but theres nothing for sale in Esprit terms at the moment.

have to offload the TT now anyway.
There's my mate's black/tan S4 for sale. I mentioned it before - mint car. He's back from O/S on the 13th.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline patersoi

• Drives: Esprit S1
Thanks everyone for your insights, will seek a second ADR Engineer (any suggestions?) and contact technical at Lotus.

Been my dream for years to have an S1, inspired by that certain James Bond movie.  The guy I bought mine off is a Lotus car dealer in the UK and was selling a fully restored white S1.  I put an offer in but was supposedly pipped by a matter of minutes in securing it.  Apparently it went to "someone" at Lotus.  Perhaps it was Bahaha and will now be back on the market....

Anyway he just happened to be selling his personal car as well, an unrestored yellow one with 38k miles and lots of the major stuff looked after so I took the plunge.  Apparently there are only about 25 running S1's left in the UK, so if you want that dream car don't leave it too long!

Offline BigD

Thanks everyone for your insights, will seek a second ADR Engineer (any suggestions?) and contact technical at Lotus.

Have you had any luck yet with your ADR? You are filling more than a few people's dreams in getting an S1 up and running.

Offline patersoi

• Drives: Esprit S1
Plan B!  The car is now at Complete Car Care in Seven Hills. Blue Slip (roadworthiness) planned for Wednesday, ADR compliance on Thursday.  The guys there have done a few Esprits and seem quite knowledgeable (although no S1 has been through them).  I suspect I might have one or two snags (the wing mirror is quite slimline) but let's hope common sense prevails this time around.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
The car is now at Complete Car Care in Seven Hills. Blue Slip (roadworthiness) planned for Wednesday, ADR compliance on Thursday.

:scratchchin:

I know you can fit two cartons of beer in the Esprit boot.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline BigD

The s1 on carsales - it's a non runner. The seller took it for a cam belt change (major service) to a nobody/chain mechanic, who took it apart and then didn't know how to put it back together. That was many years ago. The car is still the same, in pieces. The seller reckons that it was running fine before. Yeah, ok... It could be an absolute money pit.

I see that black S1 on carsales that was previously $16K is now $28K.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I see that black S1 on carsales that was previously $16K is now $28K.

Yeah I spotted that today too. :confused:

Maybe he took his inspiration from this guy...