Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Maybe trailing off is the wrong word - its implies the acceleration drops away completely, it doesnt, i mean more its kinda of winding up, its the rate of acceleration which decreases (as opposed to a murcielgo which nearly gives you same stupid rate of acceleration from 100-200 as it did 0-100!  of course it would though with the extra power).  I based that off this:  http://www.zeperfs.com/en/match205-1911.htm
This website average all the verified magazine tests (hence the green and red bars shows the large differences at times with magazine tests...) but it would seem that the V8 starts no notch up increasingly larger gaps between the 220, 230, 240, 250 times, even more so the S4S.  That said...it is just a website and these figures could be wrong :/
From personal experience - up to 260, the S4s accelerates like a freight train. At 260 it's like it hits a brick wall, and it needs A LOT of room to get over 300.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline benjaminc

• Drives: November 1988 (89MY) Lotus Esprit Turbo
i think the fastest ive been ever is 180.   260 sounds terrifying.

Offline andecorp

i think the fastest ive been ever is 180.   260 sounds terrifying.
Really? I regularly do 200 in my XR6.
Up to 260, the S4s is really planted. More than that, it starts dancing. Topped it up at 307. If I had to blow my nose, I'd slow down to 180 and steer with my knees :p You get used to the high speeds very quickly.

Offline benjaminc

Maybe it's a confidence thing, I have the 2006 springs snd dampners but haven't installed them yet so mine feels very unsteady above normal highway speed - my front springs are sagging and the left dampner is shot, no rebound. Which also makes braking unsteady.  I've had them a year I really should do that, it's the last thing it needs to be as good as a weekly driven esprit can be, done everything else...just finished tanks refurb

Offline andecorp

Maybe it's a confidence thing, I have the 2006 springs snd dampners but haven't installed them yet so mine feels very unsteady above normal highway speed - my front springs are sagging and the left dampner is shot, no rebound. Which also makes braking unsteady.  I've had them a year I really should do that, it's the last thing it needs to be as good as a weekly driven esprit can be, done everything else...just finished tanks refurb
You have to fix that suspension man! Esprits are really steady at high speed, regardless of model.

Offline benjaminc

Yea I know right....ice actually never know her with anything but shot suspension.  Compression is even and close to spec so she's fast...just not great handling!  Ok next week...it's on

Offline Godzilla

• Drives: Esprit V8, Alfa
Also have this problem of finding a complete set.
It seems the only ones available in the right size 235/40/17 and 285/35/18 here are Falken FK453 Azenis.
2 x $309 for the front and 2 x 359 for the rear.
Anyone used them and are they any good on the V8 for road use?
Thanks in advance.
Regards

Robert

Offline theintelligent1

• Vodka is Just Unfinished Gin

• Drives: Miss Daisy
know someone in the uk running on their Esprit Michelin Pilot Super Sports but 245s on front
eg:
245/40/17 F
285/35/18 R

would consider that for a much better tyre..........tirerack would be about the same $ as the falkens........

Offline Godzilla

Thanks for the reply.

Seems very hard to get anything that works.

Regards

Robert
Regards

Robert

Offline Godzilla

Hello,

Tire rack is US$ 914 for
2 x Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/40/17 and 2 x Michelin Pilot Super Sport 285/35/18.

Let's see what they come back with regarding freight.

Regards

Robert Seiler
Regards

Robert