Offline spiller

Hi all,

I originally stumbled onto this forum whilst searching for a 996 GT3 to purchase, however I came across a 2005 Exige Cup 240 and decided to jump on it. I purchased the car in Sydney in late June and had it trucked back to Adelaide the following week.

Aside from the usual Cup upgrades (firebomb, ohlins dampers, roll cage etc etc), its all had an SSC TVS Supercharger upgrade and some light aero mods with a claimed 300 HP (I think at the crank, not the wheels but havent had it on the dyno yet). I am also over on the "other" AE and also on the SA Lotus group mailing list. I hope to get out to a monthly meet soon. Also, I hear AE has quite a few meets in Adelaide, where can I find that info?

Here are a few pics.

I currently have the roof off and seats out fitting inertia belts so that I can change the rego over to SA. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable independent workshop who has experience with Lotus Exige/Elise? I can do most minor things such as fluid changes myself but would like to have a shop that I can rely on.

Thanks,

Simon

Offline dkabab

Very nice, welcome to the forums,  the car looks fantastic. I'm pretty sure I saw you driving yesterday past the airport or glenelg...

Offline spiller

thanks, and yep that would have been me. I take Tapleys Hill/Brighton Road to work a couple of days per week.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline CortinaD

The guys on the mailing list arrange for SSC to come to Adelaide and service plus install. That's an option if it fits in with your timing.

Awesome car, not many around.

Offline spiller

thanks for the kind words guys.

I have been in regular touch with SSC and do plan on having them do some servicing if/when they return next, but as helpful as they are, its difficult getting info from them over the phone when smaller pieces of advice are required (as they are an extremely busy organisation!), so it would be great to have a local shop to "fall back on" as well.