Offline djt77

Are there any in Aus? Is it possible to bring one in?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Very few and don't come up for sale often.

Between here and http://aussieelises.com you should be able to find out if there are any around to kick tyres on.

BTW if someone's going to bring a "modern" Lotus in from the UK - the Exige S1 is *the* car to bring.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

BTW if someone's going to bring a "modern" Lotus in from the UK - the Exige S1 is *the* car to bring.

I really hate to do this, but it isn't going to happen any time soon. There is no RAWS for the Exige.  :mad:

In fact it has no listing in the SEVS, that's the easy part though. I think I will have to have a talk to some people.  ;)

Would there be a market for a RAWS, I can't see them being much different to the Elise and there are a few guys doing them now.  :scratchchin:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Yeah - I really meant as a PI, every now and then a Pom on the move pops up and ask what to bring over - this would be high on the list of recommendations.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Yeah - I really meant as a PI, every now and then a Pom on the move pops up and ask what to bring over - this would be high on the list of recommendations.

Ah, no worries. Yep, totally agree with that.

but still wonder if the Exige RAWS thing is worth looking into.

Offline dkabab

i could work out the exact date, but in about 2001... i remember going to a mates 18th at a pub on the cnr of south tce and pultney st.... we were standing out the front having some drinks when 3x s1 exiges pulled up at the lights.... i THINK they were here for their release...

Offline djt77

Just so I understand things correctly, any car if bought in under PI would incure import tax. If a car is bought in under the RAWS then you pay for the compliance and any import tax? Basically saving yourself the RAWS compliance money under the PI route?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Quick run down:

To PI a car - must live O/S for at least 12 months and own car for 12 months. Or come here to live from another country.

PI will still have to pay shipping fees(includes all customs, AQUIS,etc,etc) GST, Duty and LCT if applicable, there will still be some work to do to comply the car but no where near that of RAWS.

To import under the RAWS, all shipping, all taxes to be paid AND RAWS to be done. Depending on vehicle that could be $13k to $50k.

So, yes, PI route will save you the RAWS fee but you may still have to spend some money on compliance anyhoo. 

Offline Rickjames

As far as i know you can bring them with out a PI.

You need to talk to Lee at Simply Sports Cars. Last time i checked you might get one landed around 80k.

www.simplysportscars.com

He is probably the leading Lotus workshop in Australia. But from previous experience  you need to call him, not email.

Good luck with your hunt. BTW the Aussie elises forums have split into two factions with two sites. Its a mess at the moment. 

Pistonheads classifieds are probably the best place to start sniffing around. Always a few on there. Also what about a 340R? Awesome car, maybe a bit hardcore for most but.

Here are both: http://aussieelises.com/index.php?/topic/62-love-my-lotus/

Offline Aedo

• Drives: Elise S2 111S
Are there any in Aus? Is it possible to bring one in?
Late to the party I know  :doh:

10 S1 Exiges were imported to Australia - only 7 were sold (they were something like $135k against $70k for an Elise).   The three unsold cars were sent to Japan.

Probability of any of the 7 coming on the market - low.

As Rick says though - Lee from SSC can import one for you (or if you are in the UK and can wait a year do it yourself!!)