Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
hey guys,

im starting to get a bit of a hankering to go old school, i've only ever had late(ish) model cars, and think perhaps its time to go old school.

A Ferrari 308 is a bit beyond my budget for another toy, but think an Esprit Turbo may in fact fit the bill of what i'm hankering.

however i've only ever driven a Stevens Esprit, and wonder if anyone here in SEQ has an Esprit Turbo i could take a closer look at to decide if it may fill my craving for some old school driving pleasure?

Cheers

Looney

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Did you hit your head ?  Are you okay...   ;)
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline looney

Did you hit your head ?  Are you okay...   ;)

haha, i have just realised modern cars are just tooooooooooooooo fast to really use,

so am exploring the idea of buying something old that i can enjoy.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
As a modern car guy, seeking an older thing... I personally think you'd like a Ferrari 328, rather than a 308...

328s have modern car usability, with old car speeds and enjoyment.

But you will need to spend nearer $100k than $70k to get a good one.

Offline looney

As a modern car guy, seeking an older thing... I personally think you'd like a Ferrari 328, rather than a 308...

328s have modern car usability, with old car speeds and enjoyment.

But you will need to spend nearer $100k than $70k to get a good one.

Thanks for the suggestion Phil, yeah they seem like a good choice, however, 3 problems with that suggestion

1 = Budget is above what i can afford (looking for a less expensive car to add to the stable)
2 = If i could afford that much for a 3rd car, i may as well look at my  long lusted for F355 for a bit more
3 = I dont know why but i hate 328's   they're to a 308   like a F512M,  is to a 512TR LOL

but that said, im just looking to get a up close and personal look at some things now to see what pushes my buttons. so thanks for your suggestion, i do appreciate it :D

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I don't need to tell you that it has to be a well sorted car, otherwise you will get dissapointed. And don't trust ad descriptions. That QLD "perfect, one owner" JPS that's at my place now, many weeks later, it's still in pieces and to be sorted properly, it would cost way above the purchase price.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline looney

I don't need to tell you that it has to be a well sorted car, otherwise you will get dissapointed. And don't trust ad descriptions. That QLD "perfect, one owner" JPS that's at my place now, many weeks later, it's still in pieces and to be sorted properly, it would cost way above the purchase price.

yeah, not going to just buy anything,

not even sure if i'd like one, hence want to get up close and personal with one and see if its even likeable

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
yeah, not going to just buy anything,

not even sure if i'd like one, hence want to get up close and personal with one and see if its even likeable

Ok, you do the leg work, then if you decide not to buy it I will take it instead. :D

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
That's what I mean. You need to drive a well sorted one, otherwise it's no point.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.