Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
You mean Cooling ducts for the chargecooler radiator? It does not need those ducts as it has a custom twin air to air intercooler setup which I did before increasing power, radiator and oil cooler have also been upgraded too avoid overheating of any kind,I will have to check my VIN cheers it's definitely an 89 but SE likely not considering the outside appearance which U pointed out, never noticed that SE's had different ones
If you post your VIN and Engine number, I can tell you exactly what your car is, down to the month it was built.

This is what a SE looks like. Notice the front bumper differences (front and side), the straight side sills and the SE decals on the side. From your pics, you car has custom engine bay, custom side mirrors and wheels, turbo front bumper and side sills. And the side sills have the black shadow painted in them:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline andecorp

And this is what a SE engine bay looks like:

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Actually, it was priced very well. One owner, Aust del, very low kms, immaculate with full history.

Import V8s are changing hands for $50k. Then they get $20k+ spent on them to make them road worthy and fix them up. So you will be spending $70k+ for a questionable import.

yeah i figured $70k for a V8,   didnt realise imports were going as cheap as $50k

but ideally a nice S4 would suit  (I know that one in Perth would be perfect, but i cant buy until the porker is sold :(  ), or a G body

Offline BigD

I assume you mean the V8's are personal imports ($50K) and ADR compliance $20K, as there is no RAWS for post 1989 Esprits?

Oh and did not realise the yellow 1997 V8 in Qld was back on the market. Have not check CarSales for months.
Nice if you find any V8's though. They seem to be very rare!

Offline looney

Bring this one in Looney ;)

http://www.4lot.us/galj

That is the absolute hottest esprit V8 in existence. White is such an underrated colour. I'm glad it has made a bit of a renaissance in recent years.

Offline andecorp

I assume you mean the V8's are personal imports ($50K) and ADR compliance $20K,
No, $50k all up is what they are changing hands for in Australia. But they are rooted! They need minimum $20k worth of work to make them usable.

Offline BigD

No, $50k all up is what they are changing hands for in Australia. But they are rooted! They need minimum $20k worth of work to make them usable.

OK. In following the CarSales/CarPoint market for a year before buying mine, I did not see any V8's come up (other than the QLD 1997 yellow/grey and the Uber 350). Was I looking inthe wrong place to find an Esprit (even if it as a rooted V8)?

Offline andecorp

Was I looking inthe wrong place to find an Esprit?
Yes.

Offline looney

Yes.

to quote Homer Simpson

"I am interested in your plans and would like to subscribe to your newsletter"

I too have been watching Carsales, and have seen nothing really sold, last decent deal i saw was that blue V8 for $65k

if you could point me to the right place would be great.