Offline Goldacre

• Drives: Merc 450 SEL
  • Name: G
Hi folks, thanks for the welcome! The text is rather small, our IT bloke said to use the 'Ctrl' keyboard button  and tap + to enlarge and - to reduce, just tried it and it works!

Barefoot driving is a must for me with water-ski like feet and the glass roof is a blessing when 6.1 feet tall, although do need to keep head covered unless you want to look like Captain Americas arch enemy  :D

Who is the best bloke in Australia for Esprit? In Perth perhaps!? there is a guy in Queensland who is a bit of a guru apparently. The forums are a blessing when having to consider own maintenance, to date the engine and gearbox in this car is in excellent condition, only used around 20% of the oil on the dipstick and the driving was long, sustained and fast  ;) between Streaky Bay SA to Norseman WA it was near 14 hours!

Lucky for us the Esprit seating position is the ideal angle for maximum safe and comfortable seating (report on TV recently) and can prove this as my co-driver has a crap back and never had to take his medication despite the 'sports' suspension.

G
Darling, look at what Q brought for us, isn't it nice!?

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Number 1 in Australia is Paul McCreery in Melbourne. Number 2 in Australia is Francois Lusser in Perth.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Goldacre

many thanks andecorp, i see on the forum that Francois Lusser is by referral only now, will put the word out for a referral if things go pearshaped with the Esprit  :scared:

In Melbourne in September, could you give me Paul McCreedy address?

many thanks  :)

G

Offline LotusLee

• Drives: Lotus Esprit Turbo, Porsche 928 SE, 1948 GMC Pick-up, 1970 240Z
many thanks andecorp, i see on the forum that Francois Lusser is by referral only now, will put the word out for a referral if things go pearshaped with the Esprit  :scared:

G

Greetings Goldacre
Just thought I would let you know there is a fellow Esprit owner in Perth, based in the Swan Valley, unfortunately my car is in the garage, under the cover and having a sulk, with the help of Andecorp, I'm hoping Francois will agree to give my car an attitude adjustment! If you have problems with your car, whatever you do, don't take it to Swiss Automotive, formerly owned by Francois (the reason I took mine there, not realising that Francois had sold the business) what a nightmare!
If you ever over my way, would love to see your car.
Cheers

Offline andecorp

Paul works for me. When you come to Melbourne, give me a holler.

Offline BigD

G

Give Andecorp a private message. I am sure he will fix you up with contacts.

Spending a few hours with Andecorp and Paul was like having a Esprit MasterClass. Any question you ever had answered and some highly valuable advice dished out. Good to know any pearshapeness will be fixed by an expert and general servicing will be done right to keep the cars longevity.

Offline LotusLee

• Drives: Lotus Esprit Turbo, Porsche 928 SE, 1948 GMC Pick-up, 1970 240Z
Give Andecorp a private message. I am sure he will fix you up with contacts.

Spending a few hours with Andecorp and Paul was like having a Esprit MasterClass. Any question you ever had answered and some highly valuable advice dished out. Good to know any pearshapeness will be fixed by an expert and general servicing will be done right to keep the cars longevity.

Would be great to spend time with some experts and soak up as much info as possible, just waiting for Francois to get back from his extended holiday, hopefully, with the help of Andecorp, and ultimately Francois, they can put an end to my Esprit migraine :0

Offline Goldacre

Hi lotusLee, great to know someone in Perth with an Esprit as well and will certainly drop by for a show and shine, and wine being the Swan Valley  :thumbsup: When i saw Paul G and Francois L names mentioned and did an immediate search and came across your situation with Swiss Auto, i could feel your pain in the reading of the epic 'nothingness' My esprit is down in Busselton getting a tidy up on the paintwork and some new bits and pieces and hope to have '..fully armed and operational...' around November  :) What happened to your car exactly to have it off the road so long? is there a thread about in on the forum? Will start a search.

Hi Andecorp, many thanks for the heads up for Melbourne, will definitely be 'a hollering' for a catchup, looking forward to it  :thumbsup:

BigD, when in the right company who know what they are talking about is as refreshing as drinking water from the fountain of youth (possibly some truth in that analogy as i have been accused of been the oldest teenager in the district when i said i had purchased an Esprit :D)

G

Offline BigD

When either of you speak/meet Andecorp, have a chat to him about the WA Esprit scene, as he has a lot of contacts there.

LotusLee's trouble is documented in thread: http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lotus/lotus-mechanic-in-perth-4101.0.html

Offline andecorp

My esprit is down in Busselton getting a tidy up
What's in Busselton for an Esprit? The most exotic local car there is an old 911.