Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

+1

good onya djaj

Hope the car goes to someone that "gets" it.....

It annoys me about the copper brake lines....

firstly, cars in the uk COULD have copper brake lines, but actually most of them have "cuniper"... which is an alloy of copper and nickel.

It's highly anti corrosive and much less brittle than steel...

it's actually a DOWNGRADE to be forced to fit crappy steel pipes for Aussie rules....

If they ARE just copper, they're still fine, but in extreme use CAN get vibration/fatigue issues.... but again, I'd rather have copper lines than poxy steel shit.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If they ARE just copper, they're still fine, but in extreme use CAN get vibration/fatigue issues.... but again, I'd rather have copper lines than poxy steel shit.

But it's the ADRs!!!!!!   You will be hung, shot and burnt at the stake for bad mouthing the ADRs!!!!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

But it's the ADRs!!!!!!   You will be hung, shot and burnt at the stake for bad mouthing the ADRs!!!!!!

Others have tried for lesser misdemeaners.....

I will NOT be opressed!

Offline djaj

The HC is the best Giugiaro Esprit.

But, this is high mileage and import. Good reason for people to say away regardless of price, so it will take a while to sell.
Also, new chassis??

SOLD.
Thanks for the helpful comments.
I find it concerning how people can make such prejudicial remarks without even seeing the car for themselves.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
SOLD.
Thanks for the helpful comments.
I find it concerning how people can make such prejudicial remarks without even seeing the car for themselves.

There's always a buyer for everything. The chopped roof S3 from a few months ago found a buyer too.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Stingray69

• Drives: Magnum's car but grey
  • Name: Rennie
Congrats. I hope it went to a guy who will treat and respect it with the love it deserves. It certainly looked great and you seemed to be a very sincere owner. One of my pet peeves is when I see an exotic pass into the hands of a small dick poseur who wants the image of an exotic but is reluctant to pay the requisite maintenance costs and runs it into the ground. The number of abused exotics i've seen makes my eyes well with tears and this is especially so of Esprits, which then get such a bad rep for reliability. I really love Esprits and hope yours went to a good home. When a car passes through my hands, it ends up in better condition then I bought it..and I always try to buy the best cond cars to start with. I think this is ditto for you to.
If you ain't living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space

Offline djaj

Congrats. I hope it went to a guy who will treat and respect it with the love it deserves. It certainly looked great and you seemed to be a very sincere owner. One of my pet peeves is when I see an exotic pass into the hands of a small dick poseur who wants the image of an exotic but is reluctant to pay the requisite maintenance costs and runs it into the ground. The number of abused exotics i've seen makes my eyes well with tears and this is especially so of Esprits, which then get such a bad rep for reliability. I really love Esprits and hope yours went to a good home. When a car passes through my hands, it ends up in better condition then I bought it..and I always try to buy the best cond cars to start with. I think this is ditto for you to.
Thanks for the comments. It has found a new home in WA. Steve Taylor of the Elan Factory will do a few jobs for the new owner before it heads west.

Offline djaj

There's always a buyer for everything. The chopped roof S3 from a few months ago found a buyer too.
Yep, even yellow cars!

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Yep, even yellow cars!

:rolleyes: Idiot.

It's amazing how you never see owners of good cars complain when they get criticised, but the ones selling junkers always feel the need to bitch.

Seeing a PPI like the one you showed, would make me want to run a mile from the car. And that PPI was made by Steve Taylor who drilled a hole into an Esprit plenum in order to attach a BOV to it  :doh:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline djaj

You are right and the rest of the world is wrong - does that make you feel better?

A big thank you to all those who had constructive and unbiased comments.

Gee, the NSX forum is a much nicer place to be, ta ta.